Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Climate Resilience Analyst
ICF is seeking a Climate Change Expert to support our broad portfolio of work on climate adaptation and resilience. The consultant will support our international work, enhancing the resilience of water, energy, and transportation systems, other critical infrastructure, and the vital societal and natural elements that make our communities whole. Our world-class analyses are based in rigorous science, clearly communicated to enable proactive planning and implementation of resilience solutions.
The individual chosen for this position will provide project management skills to keep projects on track and technical expertise related to the incorporation of weather and climate information into sector and systems problem analysis, supporting multi-disciplinary teams of experts on multiple short- and long-term projects primarily within the climate adaptation and resilience practice. The preferred locations for this position are Washington, D.C. or New York City.
What you’ll be doing…
- Serve as a technical expert on multi-disciplinary teams on projects focused on applied climate adaptation and resilience projects
- Provide project management support, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Provide technical expertise, innovation, and leadership related to the integration of weather and climate information and risks into sector and systems analysis
- Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other high-quality communication materials
- Complete tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner
What you’ll need to have…
- Master’s degree in engineering, planning, or geography, including physical climate science
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing country (or readily transferrable) contexts in the analysis, interpretation, and application of climate model output and meteorological observations for climate impact and risk analyses
- Demonstrated experience in climate adaptation or disaster risk management in a developing country (or readily transferrable) context
- Ability to quantitatively analyze and interpret climate-related data for different sectors and applications
- Excellent writing ability
- Ability to clearly communicate – both orally and in writing – complex information to non-experts, including development practitioners and policy makers to inform decision making
- Ability to be organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience working with and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Technical, budget, and team management experience for complex projects in a consulting environment
- Experience providing technical assistance with support from multi- and bi-lateral donor agencies.
- Familiarity with energy or water resources systems design and planning
- Proficiency in French or Spanish
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)