Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Specialist
ICF seeks a professional to provide administrative and programmatic support for leaders and team members within the Disaster Management division. The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation. Clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery programs. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on related issues such as energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, financial literacy, and workforce development. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
You will be responsible for providing operations support to the Disaster Management division, as well as supporting the implementation of specific disaster recovery projects and programs throughout the United States.
- Track and maintain Disaster Management project and personnel updates.
- Develop, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations and reports.
- Schedule team meetings and work with project teams to coordinate client visits.
- Prepare meeting materials for the leadership team in advance of meetings, assist in developing meeting agendas, and document meeting minutes.
- Build strong internal and external relationships and become a go-to resource for corporate and client information within the division.
- Maintain a solid understanding of organizational operations, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, and emails.
- Collaborate with other division members to provide back-up and bandwidth support, as well as provide support for events and special projects as needed.
- Assist with operational improvement initiatives and address operational problems as they arise.
- Provide support to design and implement disaster recovery programs and help refine program procedures and processes for implementation.
- Work with staff to set up systems to support disaster recovery programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Disaster recovery and/or operations experience preferred.
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
- Experience delivering training and technical assistance to and/or implementing projects on behalf of state and local government agencies.
- Business development, sales, fundraising, and/or proposal experience.
- Experience with creation of disaster recovery, housing and community development subject-related materials, such as training and technical assistance tools, presentations, handouts, etc. preferred.
- Project and personnel management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, organize time effectively.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to be self-directed, attentive to detail, and highly professional at all times.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)