Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Drupal Technical Architect
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Drupal Technical Architect. This individual may sit in any of our US-based offices OR remote.
As a Drupal Technical Architect, you will:
- Design and deliver cutting-edge, business solutions by leading technical client engagements
- Act as architect in design and team lead with client and project teams, including giving technical direction and mentoring project team developers
- Communicate and collaborate with:
- The client(s) to understand problem and design a technical solution
- The BA(s) and UX to establish requirements and ensure solutions are implementable
- The developers on the project team by directing and influencing to ensure that the design is socialized and the code works, through code reviews and mentorship
- The QA team to share the technical requirements and needs
- Own documentation and design architecture by converting design into stories, conducting code
- reviews, establishing code management processes and participating in deployments to ensure flawless execution on projects
- Write code, develop POCs, contribute to user stories, and provide senior-level engineering support as development lead
- Partner with project management and business development teams to resource scope and estimate new client engagements.
As a Drupal Technical Architect, you will have:
- Experience leading 3+ complex Drupal implementation projects from design (architecture) through implementation and delivery [3+ Drupal implementations (consulting) OR 3+ complex development initiatives with Drupal as primary solution (corporate)]
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and giving direction to software developers
- 2+ years of experience in Drupal 8
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, and architecture of Drupal sites, Drupal Configuration, and Composer
- Experience working with Acquia BLT and Lightning
- Experience in release engineering and automation
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git), Branch and Merge processes, and continuous integration build systems and tolls (e.g. Travis, Jenkins)
- Experience in basic Unix administration and shell scripts
- Experience working with agile methodology
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, SSL, SMTP, HTTP, load balancers, DNS, CDNs, high availability architecture
- Ability communicate effectively and collaborate with external clients and internal project teams (BA, UX, PM, QA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL11)