Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Remediation Professional
Environmental Remediation Professional
ICF seeks an Environmental Remediation Professional with 8-10 years of applied remediation experience to work within our Regulatory, Economics, Environmental & Energy Services (R3E) team. This position will primarily support our EPA contract with the Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) on technical projects designed to leverage hands-on knowledge and experience with remediation technologies and innovative approaches to promote improvements to the cleanup of contaminated sites.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a project team to provide technical and analytical support on a wide range of projects for EPA OSRTI and their internal and external customers, including EPA Regions, states, tribes and other federal agencies.
- Identify and document state-of-the-practice technologies and approaches, business practices, and tools to streamline contaminated site cleanup; analyze and document technological innovations in remediation practices and evaluate technology use trends; provide site-specific technical support and recommendations for improving site characterization and remediation technologies and strategies throughout the project lifecycle, from planning through reuse; and support the development of advanced technical training.
- Travel for site visits and meetings will be required and is estimated at 25%.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or engineering, including geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering.
- 8-10 years of experience related to the cleanup of contaminated sites under federal, state, or other cleanup programs.
- Knowledge of EPA cleanup programs (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields), with knowledge of OSRTI’s technical support and optimization programs a plus.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.3 or higher.
Professional skills and experience were looking for:
- Experience working with technical project teams, including interacting with clients. Experience managing projects and tasks is desirable.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to organize and manage a heavy workload and meet internal and external deadlines.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is desirable.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)