Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Consulting Assistant / Junior Consultant - European Policy Implementation
Job description: Consulting Assistant / Junior Consultant in Policy Implementation and Programmes team
Location: London, Brussels, Birmingham
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services globally. For 50 years, we have partnered with clients to transform their biggest challenges into even bigger opportunities. With a continued focus on innovation in areas including policy, engagement and technology, we aim to make big things possible for our clients and the communities we serve.
Our work in Europe covers government and commercial clients, and spans many policy areas, including employment, justice, home affairs, education & training, social inclusion, citizenship, energy, climate and environment. To find out more, go to https://www.icf.com/company/locations/european-region.
We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for a Consulting Assistant or Junior Consultant to join our Policy Implementation and Programmes (PIP) line of business. PIP provides programme and network support, technical assistance, and mutual (peer-based) learning and training services to European Union (EU) institutions, particularly the European Commission Directorate-Generals and executive agencies. Our portfolio of projects covers a range of policy areas, including employment, labour market, social inclusion and protection, education and training, and migration and asylum.
The role will involve supporting the organisation and coordination, research and analysis, and preparation of written deliverables across a range of policy implementation projects. It is a very hands-on position where policy knowledge is applied in a practical way to deliver large, multi-annual programmes, involving close engagement with EU clients, stakeholders (such as national ministries, non-governmental organisations, social partners, etc.), multi-disciplinary experts and beneficiaries.
- Support the delivery of policy implementation projects through organisational, analytical and written tasks. This includes:
- Supporting the organisation of events and other implementation activities, such as working groups, secretariats, technical assistance to Member States, etc.
- Identifying, briefing, supporting and coordinating with experts in ICF’s network across a range of policy topics.
- Undertaking background research and analysis.
- Contributing to the preparation of written deliverables, including background papers, summary documents, good practice fiches, newsletter articles, website content, country mappings, etc.
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation of service delivery, including conducting surveys and interviews.
- Contribute to proposal-writing, such as preparing policy background sections, identifying experts and compiling track records.
- Undertake other support tasks, as required.
- University degree or equivalent in sociology, public policy, politics, law, economics or a related discipline.
- For Consulting Assistant: university graduate with an interest in public policy and/or EU affairs.
- For Junior Consultant: 2+ years’ professional experience in consultancy, public policy and/or EU affairs.
- Knowledge and interest in social policy, ideally in relation to employment, labour market, social inclusion and protection, education and training, migration and asylum.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills, including time management, multi-tasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid foundation in research and analysis, including basic qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including interacting with multi-national and multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills in English - additional European languages an advantage
- ‘Can do’ attitude, with the ability over time to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Willingness to travel within Europe, as required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)