Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Managing Consultant / Director - EU Programme Implementation
Job description: Lead Managing Consultant / Director in European Policy Implementation and Programmes
Location: Brussels or London
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services globally. For 50 years, we have partnered with clients to transform their biggest challenges into even bigger opportunities. With a continued focus on innovation in areas including policy, engagement and technology, we aim to make big things possible for our clients and the communities we serve.
Our work in Europe covers government and commercial clients, and spans many policy areas, including employment, education & training, social inclusion, justice, home affairs, citizenship, energy, climate and environment. To find out more, go to https://www.icf.com/company/locations/european-region.
We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for a Lead Managing Consultant / Director to join our Policy Implementation and Programmes (PIP) line of business. PIP provides programme and network support, technical assistance, and mutual (peer-based) learning and training services to European Union (EU) institutions, particularly the European Commission and EU executive agencies. Our current portfolio of projects includes technical and programme support to the European Platform Tackling Undeclared Work, Secretariat for the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training, Mutual Learning Services in the field of employment and social inclusion policy, EU Aid Volunteers Programme and European Migration Network.
This is a senior role involving leadership and management of a portfolio of programmes or projects for the European Commission, EU executive agencies and national governments. It also involves contributing significantly to business development in the form of identifying new opportunities, managing and writing proposals and stimulating thought leadership. This is a chance for someone who is looking for an exciting and stretching career move into senior management, with scope for further leadership opportunities at ICF.
- To act as the Project Director, Technical Expert or other equivalent senior roles on all aspects of large-scale programmes or projects for the European Commission, EU executive agencies and national governments.
- To identify and pursue new opportunities, including nurturing client and stakeholder relationships and capturing market intelligence.
- To lead large-scale proposals, including writing and quality assuring technical offers, pricing and managing internal teams and partner relations.
- To provide and further develop methodological expertise and know-how in relation to policy implementation and programme management, as well as a range of EU policy topics.
- To represent and raise the profile of ICF at client meetings, events and networking activities.
- To lead or contribute to ‘internal assignments’ that aim to further develop ICF’s capabilities, tools, systems and processes.
- To expand ICF’s network of experts and contacts.
- Line management and contributions to human resource matters, such as talent management, recruitment, and learning and development.
- Other tasks, as required.
- 15 years or more of professional experience, which includes experience in the field of European policy implementation and programme management.
- Experience in delivering work for the European Commission, EU executive agencies and/or national governments, ideally in a consultancy setting.
- Strong leadership and team management skills – typical team size being 10+ members.
- University degree or higher in social sciences, public policy, politics, economy or related disciplines.
- Strong credentials, expertise and access to networks in relation to employment, undeclared work, labour market and/or education and training policy.
- Demonstrable experience in winning and successfully delivering EU programmes and projects, both in terms of writing strong proposals and delivering results to client satisfaction. This includes managing multi-disciplinary teams and external sub-contractors, as well as handling wide-ranging systems and processes.
- Project / programme management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in a fast-paced, multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- ‘Can do’, positive attitude, with the ability work flexibly and focus on finding solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop sound conclusions, recommendations and advice for clients and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel in Europe, where required.
- Experience of conducting high quality EU level research and evaluation assignments, including the development and implementation of research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative), analytical frameworks and approaches.
- Expertise in other EU policy areas.
- Additional European languages an advantage.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)