Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Planner & Project Manager PNW
Environmental Planner & Project Manager
Seattle, WA or Portland, OR
ICF is seeking an Environmental Planner & Project Manager to collaborate with and manage interdisciplinary teams in the implementation of environmental review (including SEPA and NEPA) for projects in Washington and Oregon. You would be joining our Environmental Planning Team working out of either our Seattle or Portland office to support growth in our Pacific Northwest Region. The Environmental Planning Team works with state and federal agencies, local governments, and industry to complete environmental reviews on some of the region’s most complex and challenging projects. We are a growing team of planners and project managers who are passionate about our work and put our clients’ needs first to achieve excellence in the quality of our technical work and project deliverables. Our engaged staff are provided with opportunities to exercise autonomy and grow their skill set in a collaborative and supportive team setting. We cultivate professional development through a rewarding work environment where staff can apply their passion, master their skills, and facilitate lasting relationships with clients and industry peers.
As team member, you will play a key role in supporting our clients in transportation, water, energy, and local government. You will work with clients, teams of technical experts, and regulatory agencies to move projects from alternatives development and screening, through analysis of environmental effects and identification of mitigation strategies, and ultimately to preparation of environmental documents that inform project and permitting decisions and the public at large.
As a leader of interdisciplinary project teams, you will lean heavily on your verbal and written communication skills, including your ability to inspire excellence, creativity, and endurance. You will guide technical specialists to align their analysis and writing to the document framework and audience. Working with our skilled technical editors, publication specialists, and graphic designers, you will lead the synthesis of highly technical, often complex analyses into environmental documents that are accessible to all readers, that convey the most important findings in language that is engaging and consistent and through graphics that are informative and visually compelling. You will work with our public outreach team to develop and prepare informative public information materials and will support public meeting planning and facilitation.
- Oversee all aspects of project management, including client engagement, scope, schedule, and budget development and management, invoicing, progress report preparation, resource planning and allocation, meeting planning and facilitation, and subcontractor coordination.
- Work with project team to develop technical approach, study plans, document templates, author guidance, technical studies, and environmental documents.
- Engage with clients and public agencies, tribes, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements, potential effects, sensitive resources and populations, and other issues and concerns relevant to successful completion of the environmental review process.
- Synthesize complex and technical content into accessible and understandable language that is meaningful to a non-technical audience and helpful for decision makers.
- Manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to, demonstrated consistency and reliability, timeliness, clear and respectful communication, and responsibility.
- Team with other ICF staff to develop specific client and teaming partner relationships and build custom teams best suited to capture and win project work.
- Represent ICF in a professional manner.
- Lead and contribute to the preparation of competitive proposals.
- Be a positive, fun, and supportive addition to our local office environment.
- Masters degree (or Bachelors degree with equivalent experience) in environmental sciences, transportation planning, environmental planning, or related field.
- 5 to 10 years of project management and/or professional related experience with environmental reviews and planning. Experience in Washington and/or Oregon preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and permitting requirements, including intermediate knowledge of NEPA; SEPA; Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act; Tribal consultation; Section 404 and 401 of the Clean Water Act; Section 4(f) of the DOT Act and .Section 7 and Section 10 of the Endangered Species Act
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal management or oversight.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Seattle, WA (WA25)