Health Science Practice Intern
Our Health Science Practice is seeking a part-time intern to support our Fairfax, VA office for approximately 16 hours per week (flexible schedule and occasional telecommuting allowable). This group of 75+ science professionals provides toxicology, epidemiology, chemistry, hazard assessment, risk assessment, exposure assessment, environmental modeling, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. Our clients include the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), and other public and private clients.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Researching a broad variety of scientific topics and synthesizing findings
- Reviewing scientific and peer-reviewed literature
- Conducting data extraction and data entry
- Managing references and citations for technical reports
- Following and implementing standardized QA/QC procedures on documents and reports
- Analyzing data using Excel, Access, and other software, such as R, SAS, Python, SQL, and VBA
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, geology, environmental science, environmental engineering, public health, or related subject
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to demonstrate quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Exceptional research and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills
- Written and oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations and ability to effectively present information
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong outreach and self-motivation skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)