Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
ICF is seeking a Business Analyst for the Innovation & Customer Engagement function. In this role, you will work with project managers and the client to design world-class smart energy solutions for utilities to improve business efficiency and productivity. Roles and responsibilities will vary across project assignments but could include requirements definition, quality assurance testing, task tracking, and documentation.
- Work with stakeholders of IT systems to translate the business needs into detailed business requirements by eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys and business analysis.
- Create and manage the requirements including but not limited to Business, Technical, Functional, Performance, Operational and Testing requirements of the Integrated Systems by ensuring that the requirements and changes to the requirements are documented, tracked, assigned, tested and closed.
- Generate use cases, process flow diagrams, user interface designs, user manuals, training materials, and other system documentation.
- Assist vendor requirements, deliverables and changes.
- Support project delivery on both large scale and innovative pilots for demand response, smart thermostats, and connected devices including collaborating with multiple business units on project execution.
- Track and manage assignment queues ensuring tasks are completed within designated timelines.
- Develop an understanding of the client processes and procedures and assist with making improvements to gain efficiencies.
- Work with PM to improve IT processes and work towards standardization across the projects.
- BA/BS in a related field.
- 5 + years of BA experience.
- Ability to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
- Experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Visio and MS Project.
- Experience in the development of standard system documentation, testing software & tracking issues.
- Experience supporting IT projects, ideally in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors particularly in Demand Response arena.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a matrixed environment.
- Experience with Reporting Tools like Crystal Reports or Cognos.
- Experience with software development lifecycle and various project methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- 1-2 years of experience in SQL Query language.
- Knowledge of Data Visualization tools like Tableau or Microsoft BI.
- Knowledge of Databases, Data Mapping, ETL concepts & Data Integration.
- Knowledge of Project Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management and related documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)