Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Climate Change & Sustainability Analyst
We are looking for a Climate Change and Sustainability Managing Consultant that will provide leadership for a growing practice around US state and local decarbonization, climate action and energy planning and sustainability.
ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, building real-world management tools, and implementing programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In climate change and environmental markets, ICF has advised more than 30 governments and international institutions, and served more than 60 companies in the FT Global 500. We develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints; conduct greenhouse gas mitigation policy analyses; assist clients with offset and carbon credit projects; support organizational sustainability; assess the performance of global programs (e.g., climate funds, multilateral development banks), and identify ways they could improve; and support federal, state, local, international, and private sector clients on analyses related to climate change impacts and vulnerabilities, among other service offerings. We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled analytical, policy, and business management services.
What you’ll be doing…
- Program Management and Execution: Drive successful execution of projects; understand clients’ current and emerging needs and deliver innovative and efficient services. Serve as project manager, task lead, or strategic advisor for a portfolio of projects. Develop and execute work plans, direct teams of support staff, and perform quality assurance for work products. The mix of projects and clients will depend on success and is expected to evolve over time. In total, approximately 80% of time will be devoted to project work at the onset.
- Business Development: Responsible for understanding emerging needs in the practice area, positioning ICF in key markets, particularly state and local climate markets, and developing creative solutions. Lead capture and proposal development for select opportunities, working closely with senior leadership and leveraging mid-level and junior staff for proposal support. Attend key industry events and enhance ICF’s reputational capital through publications, social media, etc. Collaborate with other ICF groups. Business development pursuits will include opportunities with state and local government agencies, utilities, private sector.
What you’ll need to have…
- Master’s degree in science, policy, economics, or engineering.
- 6+ years of relevant experience, at least 2 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams, staff resources, schedules, and budgets.
- Experience building and managing client relationships.
- Familiarity with carbon accounting and inventorying, climate change mitigation, and/or sustainability.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex climate information to non-scientists to inform decision making processes
- Experience working with and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Our Preferred Skills/Experience…
- Project management certifications (e.g., PMP)
- Experience in a consulting environment
- State and local climate and sustainability experience
- Technical and team management experience for complex projects in
- a consulting environment
- Familiarity with climate action planning processes, including technical analyses and stakeholder engagement
- Technical and communications expertise
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)