Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Electrical Construction Supervisors
Do you have a background in electrical construction management with a utility company? Join our Disaster Management team in Melville, NY! In the aftermath of natural destruction (from Superstorm Sandy) across the region, ICF has stabilized living situations for more than 30,000 New Jersey residents with recovery housing, infrastructure, and economic development programs. We helped ensure a more resilient future through energy efficient housing repair/replacement, elevation, distributed energy production, and buyouts of high-risk properties. ICF has a strong history in New York and New Jersey following Superstorm Sandy. This project is part of the ongoing recovery, and we continue to assist in the storm-hardening efforts.
These are full time positions, benefits eligible, with the ability to hire immediately. Relocation will be provided if required.
ICF is looking to hire experienced Electrical Construction Managers to work onsite daily with our client and manage the construction and installation of multiple communications shelters. This will also include the construction and installation of backup generators, monopole, and communications equipment. You will oversee the testing and configuration of all interfaces, communications equipment and antenna.
Experience you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field and/or 7+ years’ experience in Electrical Construction Supervision
- 5+ years’ experience in Electrical Construction Supervision, preferably in Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience in substations equipment – switchgear, breakers, transformers, etc
- Experience supervising teams including coordinating with External Affairs, Flaggers, scheduling and similar
- Training and experience in all safety procedures for SWA as well as excavation/pre-excavation
Experience we’d like you to have:
- Prior experience with utility contractors in Long Island
- Prior experience with NRA/Clearances, contractor coordination and oversight
- Client partnership in a professional environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with client, contractors and teams in a professional manner
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Newark, New Jersey (NJ22)