Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Trade Ally Coordinator Energy Efficiency
Trade Ally Coordinator Energy Efficiency
ICF is adding staff to its energy efficiency team in Oregon to support a range of energy efficiency efforts. We are seeking a Trade Ally Coordinator to join the trade ally team and to help implement programs that will deliver and expand our current offerings. Trade allies are contractors and suppliers that receive training and support from the trade ally team. Coordinators also help trade allies to access and complete incentive applications for customers participating in programs. The trade allies are on the front lines of offering energy-efficiency upgrades and products to help customers use energy wisely. The coordinator works on multiple projects, interacts with all levels of staff, and applies their academic and past work experience to a variety of outreach activities. The coordinator will work directly with trade allies as well as customers, ICF program staff, subject matter experts, external partners and other stakeholders to support trade allies and meet program goals and objectives.
The position can be home-based or office-based in the Portland area and requires light travel to meet trade allies and customers at their locations and team members at our downtown office in Portland, with occasional travel across the state. Part of this position will support historically underserved communities through a variety of business development and marketing activities and events with a goal to provide outreach and support to the English as a second language community (ESL). The goal is to increase awareness and use of energy efficiency incentives among trade allies for the commercial markets they serve. The coordinator will work as part of a larger trade ally team to ensure that trade allies, customers and organizations have the resources they need to bring more energy efficiency to market. This position will assess, identify and advocate for the needs of existing and new trade allies, provide direct marketing and business development advice, monitor progress, document outcomes and report on results. We are looking for coordinators who have the ability to think strategically and act independently to improve the reach of our program into the many populations of trade allies and the customers they serve. Non-English language proficiency at a professional level is required for this position.
- Help support trade allies and customers to increase participation in program offerings
- Recruit new trade allies through outreach and presentations at professional organizations and events
- Conduct trade ally trainings on site and remotely to help encourage program participation, establish relationships, ensure protocol compliance
- Increase awareness and use of incentives for commercial customers, specifically in underserved and ESL communities and those that may not have access to the internet or email
- Work as part of a team ensuring that energy efficient projects are successfully executed in specific commercial, institutional and government markets in Oregon and SW Washington, specifically via trade allies outside of the major metropolitan boundaries
- Assist trade allies with marketing and business consulting services that help trade allies reach their current and prospective customers
- Leverage a variety of media platforms to support trade ally efficiency messaging (social media, email blasts, postcards, web copy, etc.)
- Assist trade allies with the cooperative marketing assistance program
- Target outreach and assistance efforts to a variety of trade ally market segments such as small, rural trade allies in designated utility territories in Oregon and SW Washington
- Use program tools to monitor, maintain and report trade ally and account activity
- Work creatively with minimal supervision
- Regularly update skills through on-going training and formal education
- Professional level fluency in non-English language, with preference for Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese and/or Mandarin/Cantonese
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in energy efficiency utility programs
- Entry to 3 years of energy efficiency or equivalent trade experience
- Interested in working with the commercial, industrial and government markets, various customer facilities, commercial building systems, and with energy efficient and renewable technologies
- Interest in learning the existing network of distributors, contractors and construction market players
- Interest and willingness to learn energy efficiency technologies such as lighting, HVAC and other energy efficient equipment
- Must have valid and current driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Ability to travel throughout the state
- Knowledge of energy efficiency technologies and programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage businesses whose customer base includes diverse cultures, rural communities and/or socio-economic diversity
- Exceptional people and sales skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Presentation skills, including experience with presenting concepts to clients (both internal and external).
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism
- Goal oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical, writing and communication skills
- Sound business ethics, including protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Able to work with all levels of internal staff, outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Superior interpersonal and professional skills with a cooperative and friendly attitude
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Portland, OR (OR08)