Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HVAC Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician On-Call
Energy Efficiency Division
HVAC Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician On-Call
Las Vegas, NV
To support our growth, we are currently seeking On-Call HVAC Quality Assurance/Quality Control technicians to join our Energy Efficiency Program team, located in Las Vegas, NV. In this role, you will work for utility sponsored energy efficiency projects focused on the Residential markets. We are seeking established candidates to take a flexible part time (on-call) role in the implementation of programs that will deliver and expand our offerings throughout the state. You should have the unique combination of interpersonal and analytical skills that will make you a critical member of our team from the day you arrive. We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction. The selected candidate will coordinate Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) activities, which include but may not be limited to conducting field inspections, reviewing project plans and specifications, and conducting inspections at residential homes. In addition, the candidate will schedule and conduct inspections with participating customers and/or contractors, and assist with the development and implementation of QA/QC programs, plans and procedures. The QA/QC Field Representative aligns ICF quality processes and systems with utility client’s quality processes and systems and ensures internal processes deliver on exceeding the client expectations. Works closely with the client and ICF team members to review QA/QC findings, audit applications, implement solutions, and drives continuous improvement and best practices in quality processes. Works closely with internal cross functional partners to ensure ICF program solutions are sound and meet client expectations.
This position requires experience with HVAC systems and other energy efficient technologies and practices associated with residential HVAC systems. Experience in the building trades is a plus. Prior experience or a strong interest in one or more of the following is a plus:
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations.
- Interacting with business owners, homeowners, utility representatives and other key stakeholders.
As an On-Call employee
- You will not have standard hours and will work intermittently as needed. You must obtain approval from your manager prior to charging hours.
- You will be paid on an hourly basis, and will be eligible for overtime pay per federal and state regulations.
- Your eligibility to participate in company sponsored benefits will include the Company 401(k) and the Company matching contribution.
- Manages and implements the field and internal verification process for Utility DSM programs including the selection and review of assignments, tracks performance against metric, and ensures all necessary forms and materials are completed.
- Regularly reviews program QC findings. Based on the findings leverages best practices and continuous improvement to implement long term solutions in partnership with the client and ICF Program Managers.
- Generates reports to audit, monitor and measure performance and relevant metrics
- Occasionally process utility applications to maintain familiarity and skill level required to train support staff
- Conducts internal and external trainings to include; webinars, tutorials and conference calls on relevant business processes and standards.
- Manages the process of regularly reviewing and updating critical program documentation. Documentation to include field verification guides and forms, processing manuals, and policy and procedure manuals. Regularly includes updated industry trends and insights into manuals and procedure manuals to ensure program materials are most relevant.
- Works as part of a cross functional team including operations, IT, Marketing, and Customer Service/Processing. Regularly meets with Customer Service/Processing lead to ensure best practices and continuous improvement initiatives are aligned on and implemented effectively for the client
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled review of processing and application process to see where improvements can be made on flaws, cycle times, processing errors, and other key metrics.
- 3+ years of utility, energy efficiency or equivalent trade experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: commercial, industrial, and government facility energy use including motors, HVAC systems and other electric systems and controls.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Access).
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following certifications: Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst, BPI Building Envelope, NATE, ACCA Educational Program for Instructional Certification (EPIC)
- Demonstrated ability to provide project leadership and meet client goals.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of intellectual property, proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Nevada Remote Office (NV99)