Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Intensive Technical Assistance Early Childhood Systems Consultant: Telecommute
Intensive Technical Assistance Early Childhood Systems Consultant: Telecommute
Health, Education, and Social Programs
Early Education Services
Telecommute in the U.S.
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
ICF’s Early Education Services Line of Business seeks an Intensive Technical Assistance Early Childhood Systems Consultant to provide intensive training and technical assistance to Child Care Development Block Grantee (CCDBG) grantees (states and territories) to assist and support a variety of needs to a small number of identified states/territories. This position may assist states/territories on consumer education, emergency preparedness and response planning, and other topics related to implementation of the Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) plan. This position is home based anywhere in the United States with 25% travel required to provide technical assistance across the 10 ACF Regions and to attend related conferences and meetings.
Technical assistance (TA) is defined as both onsite and off-site activities, such as consultation, meeting/conference presentation and facilitation, support of peer-to-peer opportunities, information gathering, review of materials, participation in and leadership for work groups, strategic planning, and training design and delivery in a wide range of CCDF topics including implementation of the CCDF requirements for consumer education websites, emergency preparedness and response planning, and early childhood capacity and systems building. We seek an Intensive Early Childhood Systems Consultant for the Intensive TA Team to work on a variety of efforts to support the implementation of the CCDF requirements for consumer education, emergency preparedness and response planning, and other CCDF topics.
- Provide intensive technical assistance on CCDF implementation to a small number of identified state/territories as needed.
- Build a strong, positive relationship with OCC regional office staff and CCDF Lead Agency staff, for ongoing communication, collaborative planning, and shared problem solving.
- Collaborate closely with peers and federal staff in the planning and provision of training and/or TA to CCDBG grantees and other primary audiences.
- Develop and maintain collaborative TA action plans for each assigned state or territory.
- Provide intensive TA and/or coordinate technical support and/or training with other TA specialists to states and territories with fidelity to the established TA planning and implementation protocols.
- Enter data on TA planning and provision within the TA Tracker database, adhering to established protocols and timelines.
- Conduct research as needed to provide T/TA to grantees.
- Develop and facilitate peer linkages between states and/or territories.
- Participate in presentations at national meetings and conferences.
- Provide a monthly reporting describing the TA activities according to the established protocol and timelines.
- Participate in weekly TA team and full-team conference calls.
- Develop written products including briefs, toolkits, trainings, as needed and assigned.
- Provide expertise for product review as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, public administration or related degree.
- 12+ years of relevant experience to include:
- Expertise in CCDF implementation, including consumer education, website development, data system integration and data governance; emergency response and preparedness, and other CCDF topics.
- Providing training and technical assistance in the field of early education.
- Collaboration and partnership experience across early care and education systems, including State and Federal stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with the development of early education materials and high quality written products, such as TA tools, presentations, handouts, issue briefs, reports, etc.
- Project management that includes leading a team of senior professionals and complex deliverables.
- Working with state agencies or partnering organizations specific to early childhood policy development and program implementation.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, Skype, and Adobe Connect) and other E-learning/Webinar tools.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, public administration or related degree.
- Experience with content knowledge related to CCDF implementation and operations, child care licensing, subsidy administration, Emergency Preparedness, Response and Recovery (EPRR), consumer education, Quality Rating and Improvement systems (QRIS), professional development systems, early learning guidelines, child assessment, Head Start, State prekindergarten, and other early childhood programs and initiatives.
- Experience with early childhood data systems, including the lifecycle of software development.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholder groups as a participant, content advisor and technical assistance provider.
- Experience as an early childhood consultant, facilitator, and coach.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing team support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington Remote Office (WA99)