Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Aviation Safety Specialist
ICF is currently seeking an Aviation Operations Research Analyst with Aviation Safety Subject Matter Expertise to support Aviation Operations within Department of States’ (DoS) Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs-Aviation (INL/A) Program Support Office (PSO). This position is based on general aviation program and safety background, with specialized expertise in the area of small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS). You will serve as a consultant and technical expert to provide assistance in the administration of DoS aviation safety policy and guidance. This work will be performed in Melbourne, FL.
What you will do…
- Supports the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, Office of Aviation (DoS INL/A) in developing/implementing policy and guidance for the establishment, employment, and sustainment of small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) programs at CONUS/OCONUS locations
- Provides administrative, research, organizational, and coordination assistance in developing operations plans for new programs/requirements, contingencies, and program nationalizations/shutdowns
- Conducts data mining/collection, analysis, and reporting of operational and safety performance metrics for use in various forums. Populates INL/A Dashboards and Program Review slides, as required
- Drafts wide variety of written products, including Policies, Operations/Employment Concepts, Plans, Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Memoranda, and Checklists
- Leads/facilitates project teams, including developing charters/project plans/schedules, drafting agendas/minutes/action item lists, and providing technical support
What you will need…
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of aviation operations/management experience, 3 of which must be in a staff policy/programs position
- Knowledge of/experience with small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) operations and policy, including counter-UAS and/or cyber considerations for UAS systems; experience establishing sUAS programs or planning/executing sUAS operational activities in foreign countries highly desired
- Experience leading complex, aviation-related projects requiring cross-functional participation and direct interface with executive-level leadership
- Experience managing/executing a metrics-based performance measurement program used to determine program state of health and target opportunities for program improvement and/or cost control/reduction
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, as employee will frequently interact with INL/A Executive leadership
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in using common computer software such as MS Work, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Sharepoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat, to develop documents, spreadsheets, charts, and presentations
Active DOD security clearance required
What we would like…
- Experience with unmanned aerial vehicles or sUAS, including piloting and maintaining small fixed wing and quad-copter type systems; experience integrating the use of sUAS within an organization, as well as strategic coordination across US and multi-national agencies a plus
- Experience creating/implementing training and organizational policy related to the use of sUAS under FAA Part 107
- Extensive knowledge of aviation safety requirements and SMS execution/application
- PMP Certification and/or working knowledge of MS Project
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)