Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Commercial Account Manager, Energy Efficiency - Cayce, SC
Commercial Account Manager, Energy Efficiency
ICF is seeking a Commercial Account Manager, based in Columbia, SC, to assist in the delivery of commercial energy efficiency programs. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a large pipeline of existing energy efficiency projects and recruiting new participants into the program. The candidate will call on customers and contractors in an assigned service territory with the goal of increasing energy efficiency projects and participation in utility incentive programs.
We place a premium on an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction.
- Recruit program participants (commercial and eligible industrial customers), account management, developing and implementing sales strategies, preparing and delivering persuasive presentations, relationship building activities.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- Ensure projects in assigned territory are up to date in program tracking system by communicating with customer and trade allies on project status and expected completion dates
- Presentations and trainings to local stakeholder groups, contractors, and customers
- Work as part of a team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of energy efficiency projects are successfully executed in commercial and government markets.
- Provide an array of contractor support and assistance services
- Conduct surveys and inspections of energy efficiency projects to verify equipment installation and operation.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of submitted projects for approval
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of utility, energy efficiency, or equivalent trade experience
- Experience with energy efficiency technologies and practices is highly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of the existing network of distributors, contractors and construction market players.
- Economic analysis and familiarity with energy efficiency program implementation.
- Familiarity with suite of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in commercial, industrial, and government energy issues.
- Demonstrated experience with the commercial, industrial, and government markets, various customer facilities, commercial building systems, and with energy efficient technologies.
- Utility experience and understanding of Demand Side Management (DSM) program implementation
- Certified Energy Managers, Certified Lighting Professionals, or Certified Energy Auditors
- Experience with ENERGY STAR, LEED, and other program platforms.
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills and excellent interpersonal and self-motivation skills are required.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia (Cayce), SC (SC03)