Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications and Events Associate/Planner
Internal Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Shady Grove – NCI – 5 days a week
ICF seeks an experienced Communications and Events Manager to assist in leading various federal public health events and communications activities for the National Cancer Institute. This position primarily will be based between the ICF Rockville office and NCI’s Shady Grove campus, with some occasional visits to NIH – main campus. This positions reports to a senior leader in ICF’s health communications line of business and will also work with the NCI Internal Relations lead.
ICF delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight marketing agency, plus the domain expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Balance creative, strategic “big thinking” with tactical execution to influence NCI staff and other stakeholders to attend and engage in events.
- Great communications skills to engage and motivate staff to participate. Skilled in presenting event outcomes and lead the planning and implementation of multiple events simultaneously.
- Lead the development of communication products with a multi-disciplinary team and ensure products are delivered on time and in budget. This will require working with NCI designers to produce directional signage and digital assets.
- Report out to client on event/meeting outcomes, when appropriate provide recommendations to improve desired results.
- Plan, coordinate and lead approximately 14 internal meetings/events at NCI, ranging from small to large scale events. The task will require managing all aspects of the meeting including pre and post event logistics, providing content and materials development support.
- Attentive to details and strategic in the development of project plans for each meeting, leverage lessons learned from previous activities to inform new strategies and innovations.
- BA/BS degree in public health, health communication, journalism, public relations, social sciences, or equivalent required
- 5 - 7+ yrs of communications experience, public health or government experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with federal health agencies and developing and implementing public health communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a project management role, with an ability to establish and document processes.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Strong project management, negotiation, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)