Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Change Management Consultant
ICF is growing and we are seeking a Change Management Consultant to support our growing organization.
This position will be located in Fairfax, VA as part of the corporate Learning & Development team and is heavily matrixed to the Finance Transformation Office (FTO) that serves as the central team leading Finance, HR and Contracts related system projects.
The ideal candidate will work with a project team of technical and functional subject matter experts (SMEs).
What you will be doing….
- Engage as a key member of the project team throughout the project life cycle, and act as a trusted adviser and influencer to project leadership, sponsors, stakeholders and steering committee
- Develop a change management strategy and approach to drive adoption of new systems and initiatives by utilizing a standard method and tools
- Lead the development of the communications and training strategies, plans and associated materials
- Create broad-scale and targeted internal-based communications, including email announcements, design promotional materials, prepare/conduct briefings
- Support user testing by assisting with learning materials, identify possible change management related hurdles for roll-out, and adjust plans as appropriate; gather participant feedback as it relates to the testing experience and go-live readiness
- Lead and/or support the development of training materials by helping to translate subject matter content, including output such as process guides, fact sheets, job aids, instructional guides, Web content, briefings, and presentations
- Coordinate training activities, develop related communications, and coach instructors; gather participant feedback
- Lead and work closely with the project team to develop stakeholder outreach and engagement efforts to ensure awareness, understanding, buy-in, and support
- Provide input to and maintain a close awareness of project plans and manage change plans/activities accordingly
- Support project close-out activities, including additional communication or documentation needs and participating in lessons learned evaluation
What you will need….
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in working on Finance system change project teams
- 3+ years of experience working on project teams and familiarity with project management principles and practices
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools; Prosci® Change Practitioner certification a plus
- 3+ years of experience in learning needs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training
- Demonstrated experience producing organization-wide communications and communication strategies
- Analytical skills and the ability to provide insight to project plan on optimal sequencing and phasing within the project plan
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills to include experience with developing and delivering presentations, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to explain complex or technical concepts in an easily understandable written format
- Demonstrated consultative skills working in a dynamic and matrix environment
- Ability to operate and adapt in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, work environment
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)