Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Associate Director, Paid Search
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an Associate Director of Paid Search in our Minneapolis office.
As an Associate Director of Paid Search, you will:
- Join a growing team, providing paid search solutions to some of the world’s best brands.
- Work work hard and keep the atmosphere light. If you’re not having fun while you’re crushing it, what’s the point?
- Help drive great client results and articulate the performance to a wide range of audiences, from search pros to non-technical audiences.
- Be client-facing, so clear communication through multiple channels is essential to the role.
- Driving strategy and partnering with other staff members on the execution.
- Be comfortable auditing others’ work and clearly articulating where you find areas of improvement. Scale is of critical importance, so experience establishing or refining processes would be a big bonus.
As an Associate Director of Paid Search, you will have:
- Deep and wide skills in biddable media, meaning you’re familiar with Google Ads, Google Shopping, Youtube, and GDN , and when to use each.
- Ongoing refinement of skills. Search is ever-evolving, and we want someone that can move as the industry does. You’ve used callout extensions, sitelinks, and get excited to test, measure, and deploy new search tactics and features.
- Operating at scale with a sizable budget. Our enterprise-level accounts will require a degree of sophistication working with big budgets and big clients.
- Calculating business-level performance metrics. Quality Score and ad extension adoptions are good leading indicators, but you can also talk to ROI and ROAS.
- Clear communication. You can act as a translator, helping non-technical audiences understand your search strategies and tactics. You know search jargon, but don’t need to use it when talking to laypeople.
- Client services. When a client voices a question or concern, you can clarify to understand the root issue, and provide (or research) a solution.
- Collaboration. You’re open to helping more junior members understand how they can support your vision and assist them as they grow to your level.
- Data storytelling. There are multiple narratives in the data. You know the right data to pull, can interpret it, and communicate it to relevant stakeholders.
- Ongoing learner and tinkering. Perfection is a myth. You are constantly tinkering to find the best possible solution.
- You understand organic search. Extra bonus if you have examples integrating organic data to inform a paid search strategy (or vice versa).
- You’ve established process, automation, or standards for a search program.
- You have vendor management responsibilities.
- You have experience with data visualization tools, like Tableau, PowerBi, and/or Excel.
- We’re more concerned with what you’ve done, rather than the number of years under your belt. Generally, we find people with at least 7 years of experience or more make the best candidates, but if you’re proud of your work, reach out!
Job Location(s): Minneapolis
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)