Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Sr. QA Automation Engineer in one of our local offices.
Sr. QA Automation Engineer Job Description
ICF Next is looking for a person that is passionate about building quality software and is assertive in requiring a high level of quality. The Sr. QA Automation Engineer will build the automation framework, automation tools, and develop automation scripts. This is not your typical QA Automation Engineer position with all maintenance support, but a role that will allow individuals to work with a team to build out a new functional automated testing suite, both UI & API for our continuous integration (CI) pipeline. We use open source tools for building the automation regression suite and these will be executed daily. This position will be focused heavily around being able to automate and develop from the ground up, with support from business domain and application experts.
As a Sr. QA Automation Engineer you will:
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts
- Create clear and detail-oriented test plans
- Perform manual and exploratory tests with the goal of automation
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Support all aspects of user acceptance testing by the primary customer and/or users
- Develop test automation suits to develop regression test scripts as needed
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Liaison with development to assist with troubleshooting
- Work closely with Development Teams (Developers and QA Specialists/Engineers) to help ensure end-to-end quality, process compliance, and issue resolution
As a Sr. QA Automation Engineer you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related technology field with 5+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in automated testing, software testing methodologies, process, and deliverables
- Clear and articulate understanding of consulting and project lifecycle, as well as experience managing the production of deliverables within consulting engagements
- 5+ years’ developing regression automation test suits using various tools
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies
- 3+ years’ experience with various project management methodologies, including Agile methodologies and supporting techniques (e.g. Test-Driven Development and continuous integration processes)
- Strong experience in creating test automation frameworks and working with various automation tools (Selenium &/or QTP/UFT)
- Good knowledge of unit testing using tools like Jest, TestNG, Junit, etc.
- Knowledge/Experience with continuous Integration concepts, triggering automation thru Jenkins and integration automation test
- Experience in testing mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms
- 5+ years’ of experience with Git Stash/ Bitbucket and JIRA
- Exposure to Gherkin & Cucumber
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, and/or similar tools
- Experience in leading performance and load testing initiatives
- Experience with database concepts and the ability to analyze and write SQL queries
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Richmond, VA (VA29)