Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Chemist - Data Validation Emphasis
Interested in making a difference to the planet? Want to work with a team of Environmental Chemists who care about the protection of human health and the environment? Are you seeking broad exposure to environmental remediation and Superfund related cleanup processes with interaction with EPA on a regional level?
ICF is seeking motivated ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTS (Data Validation Emphasis) to join our team of environmental professionals (including Environmental Scientists, Chemists, Biologists, Geologists, etc.) to support an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT), across the country. The team performs soil, water, air, waste and tissue sample analysis for chemical contaminants primarily supporting Superfund site assessment, remediation, and emergency response but also for compliance under the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Clean Water Act. The team supports EPA’s ambient air monitoring programs through sampling air for Pb and particulates and auditing ambient air analyzers for ozone, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrous oxide under the Clean Air Act.
Work is available at various federal government laboratories across the US to include: Athens, GA; Edison, NJ; Richmond, CA; Corvallis, OR; Seattle, WA; Ft. Meade, MD; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO.
We seek an Environmental Chemist who will be responsible for evaluating environmental laboratory analytical data for compliance with method and program/project QA/QC requirements. Reviews of laboratory-reported data will be conducted following EPA’s National Functional Guidelines or other procedures, as directed. Duties will include preparing written reports and editing electronic data in the cloud or through electronic file transfer to incorporate validation qualifiers, as well as reviewing the work of others. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as member of a team of chemists and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in organic or inorganic analysis using CLP, SW-846 and other EPA methods
- 2 to 20+ years of additional relevant experience
- Experience applying EPA National Functional Guidelines for data validation
- Attention to detail and the ability to think critically
- Excellent verbal and written communication and basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat)
- The successful candidate must have or be able to obtain authorization for access to Federal facilities
- Laboratory experience in important environmental, analytical instrumentation such as GC, GC/MS, ICP/AES, or ICP/MS
- Experience in reviewing data from high resolution GS/MS techniques for dioxin/furans and/or PCB congener analysis
- Experience in non-routine analyses such as explosives or radionuclides
- Experience in validating data according to the EPA National Functional Guidelines and use of the SMO Portal EXES website and software
- Experience reviewing/validating data from other methods/programs is desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with flexibility to meet a variety of fluctuating and varied client requirements
- Experience working at Federal facilities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA15) (inactive)