Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Grantee Specialist - Region 4
Home Based in Region IV (KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC) - must reside in one of these States
At ICF, we support educators working with people of all ages. From early childhood and Head Start through university studies to vocational and workforce training, ICF professionals help clients across the globe proactively respond too many of the important challenges facing education today.
ICF seeks a Head Start HR Grantee Specialist with expertise in administration, and management systems to provide high-quality technical assistance that improves the capacity of Head Start and Early Head Start programs to meet or exceed the Head Start Performance Standards and applicable Federal regulations. The Grantee Specialist will work with programs to correct deficiencies identified through the national monitoring system and with agencies with multiple areas of noncompliance and will assist programs to comply with all Head Start Regulations.
The Grantee Specialist will deliver technical assistance and provide consultation to governing entities, directors, program managers, and staff. They will use reliable data collection systems to assist in providing management and program design management expertise, planning work, and in helping to identify strategies for improving internal grantee systems.
This position is home-based in one of the Region 4 states and will involve extensive travel to programs within the eight states identified as the Federal Region 4 (Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina).
- Act as a change agent in fiscal, administrative, and management areas, incorporating activities that include governing body and policy group involvement in the development/revision of fiscal, management, and administrative activities for long-term improvements.
- Work with leaders within an organization to plan and assist in the implementation of changes that resolve deficiencies and non-compliances.
- Plan and implement strategic interventions with grantees that have been designated deficient or as having serious non-compliance issues.
- Work with Federal Regional staff in developing strategies for grantee intervention and plan outcomes that address problem areas for all affected grantees.
- Coordinate with other Grantee Specialist and Early Childhood Education staff to identify ways to address administrative and program improvements in a comprehensive and holistic manner.
- Review, interpret and utilize a broad array of data to identify trends, and assist each assigned grantee to use the information to establish objectives for change and identify steps and processes needed for implementation.
- Analyze existing grantee structure, functions and capacity and propose a redesign of structure(s), functions and systems that support quality program operations.
- Recommend ways to improve overall grantee operations, including the development of operations manuals, internal procedures such as audit resolution processes, and identification of appropriate management and administrative procedures to strengthen grantee management practices.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance required, specifically on issues pertaining to governance, fiscal management systems and administrative issues within Head Start. Knowledge of management and related issues and demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge.
- Experience providing training at State, Regional, or National Meetings and technical assistance to individual organizations.
- Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards, as well as other relevant/appropriate Federal requirements and regulations is required.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Master’s Degree in a field related to Program Design and Management, Business Management, Accounting, Public or Non-Profit Administration, or Project Management (with fiscal emphases) or related field.
- Experience in a position within a Head Start program or early learning program (Executive Director, Assistant Director, Program Director, Chief Finance Officer).
- Knowledge and experience performing program design management and fiscal management preferred.
- Facilities expertise preferred
- Substantial fiscal expertise in areas of budgeting, multiple funding sources, HS circulars, cost principles, HS audits, and the fiscal role of the governing body.
- Fiscal expertise a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of groups including governing bodies, staff, community leaders, and Head Start policy groups (policy councils and committees).
- Ability to complete detailed paperwork in timely manner.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Remote Office (GA99)