Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Reporting to the Partner, Technology Solutions, the Magento Architect is part of a collaborative team which sells and creates innovative solutions for our current and prospective clients. The Magento Architect will play a critical role in driving the digital marketing strategy, software and technical architecture, design and implementation of these client’s initiatives. This person will be responsible for leading and mentoring other intermediate and junior developers on specific projects.
- A Mentor, you lead by example and challenge other to push their boundaries
- A Self-Starter, you’re an expert in your field but still eager to improve your skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
- Collaborative, you enjoy working with several cross functional teams on daily basis
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members. You have a mastery of written language, able to deliver compelling technical proposals to new and existing clients
Your Key responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Technical Strategy: Discuss technical solutions with current clients, prospective clients and the internal team and provide innovative new ideas to create a functional and attractive digital environment. Contribute to our clients digital marketing strategies based on industry best practices. Participate as a subject matter expert in business development activities including but not limited to proposal writing and pitching in-person.
- Architecting: Construct and analyze business IT challenges to design comprehensive technical architecture for multiple solutions fitting client’s needs. Be the project lead for medium and large-scale projects, select and review technology frameworks and architecture used on projects. Identify, assess and solve complex business problems through in-depth evaluation of variable factors for large eCommerce programs. Design for reliability, availability and scalability.
- Communicate: Articulate the transition from current to future state in consideration of the future needs of the business, security policies and requirements. Break down complex business and technical strategies and roadmaps into consumable requirements for teams to execute against.
- Code Reviews: enforce best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to required standards.
- Implement: develop and maintain omni-channel applications using the Magento Platform with appropriate software design methodology and in a dynamic and fast paced team environment. Use the latest best practice learning from the industry to help Customers ensure that marketing campaigns and solutions are fully integrated and fine‑tuned via data driven insights. Participate in development of implementation schedules, system implementation planning and execution.
- Conceptualize: share knowledge and thought leadership to the rest of the organization, including recommendations on technical direction as well as team professional development. Research and present new technology trends
- Documentation: participate in discovery of technical project requirements, scope and provide recommendations. Assist with defining digital marketing solution and consulting scopes. Define, document and model systems and software architecture.
Your Experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Magento Architect position will possess the following competencies:
- Must be a Certified Magento Developer
- 7+ years of experience in working with Magento 1 & 2 Enterprise Edition, customizing and enhancing web store, ideally in a Magento Cloud environment
- Experience with LAMP/PHP and supporting frameworks, ideally Zend
- Experience working with MySQL & SQL databases
- Experience working with internal and third-party APIs
- Experience in developing and supporting responsive web design using modern frameworks such as Angular, React, or Ember
- Experience in cross browser testing
- Experience in Caching & Performance improvement
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, cross channel marketing, mobile, data driven optimization of experiences
- Ability to define conceptual technology solutions and articulate the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms and present technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to methodically estimate technology execution scope of work in terms of budget and resources
- Ability to leverage existing technology tools plus additionally research and apply new and experimental technologies to achieve business goals
- Ability to translate client goals into achievable technical specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, mathematics or equivalent.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)