Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, the Magento Developer is part of a collaborative team which strategizes innovative solutions for our clients/prospective clients, and actively participates in the implementation of digital solutions involving platform and server side integrations.
- Adaptable, you learn quickly and stay up-to-date with the newest trends
- A Self-Starter, you’re an expert in your field but still eager to improve your skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
- Collaborative, you enjoy working with several cross functional teams on daily basis
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Implement: Build and maintain omni-channel applications using the Magento Platform. Implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and faced paced team environment.
- Lead: provide technical leadership on complex projects that require integrating with the Magento Platform. This includes selection and review of technology frameworks/architecture to be used on projects.
- Requirements: work with Project Manager and other team members to break down project requirements into development tasks. Help provide scopes/estimates. Translate business requirements into technical details relevant to Magento.
- Code Reviews: Enforce best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to standards.
- Documentation: participate in the discovery of new projects and document technical requirements as needed.
- Communicate: share knowledge and thought leadership to the rest of the organization, including strategic technical direction as well as professional development opportunities.
Your Experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Magento Developer position will possess the following competencies:
- Must be a Certified Magento Developer
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience working with Magento 2 Enterprise Edition, customizing and enhancing web stores, ideally in a Magento Cloud Environment.
- Experience with LAMP/PHP/and supporting frameworks, ideally Zend
- Experience with enterprise systems focused on security, availability, flexibility, scalability, infrastructure configuration and change management
- Experience working with MySQL & SQL databases
- Experience working with internal and third-party APIs
- Version control experience required (GIT)
- Experience in developing and supporting responsive web design using moder frameworks such as Angular, React, or Ember
- Experience in cross browser testing
- Ability to define conceptual technology solution and articulate the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms and present technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to leverage existing technology tools plus additionally research and apply new and experimental technologies to achieve business goals
- Ability to translate client goals into achievable technical specifications
- Experience with multiple software development life cycles such as Agile and Waterfall
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, mathematics or equivalent.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)