Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Technical Project Manager
Who we are:
Audacious. Ingenious. Real. If that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in. ICF Next is a new breed of agency, purpose-built for marketing’s new realities. ICF Next’s full-service solutions crack complex challenges. Digital has completely transformed the customer experience, and consumers are connected in ways we’ve never seen—ways that challenge marketers and IT alike. Whether it's helping you speak to your customers, providing a richer digital experience, or deploying platforms that deliver results, we have you covered.
What you’ll get to do:
Plan, monitor and manage technical projects from initiation through completion. Projects involve automated deployment, certification and testing infrastructure. This requires partnership with software engineering groups to streamline software deployments, upgrades and maintenance. The team accomplishes this through the development of automated solutions with scripting, build systems, shared resources and other integrated systems.
- Project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management.
- Ensures work plans meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability & schedule.
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- Responsibilities are within the Project Management & Scrum Master disciplines.
- Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives with the project team.
- Support a collection of projects working within the organization leveraging support from team leaders, architects and other internal project management personnel.
- Supports the workflow for 1 to 2 delivery teams and works with line management to determine priority.
- Coaches the team through changes to process and works with others to measure process efficiency.
- Coordinate resources for small to mid-sized initiatives.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools (Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Ability to support organizational leadership, identify conflicting priorities and facilitate resolution.
- Utilize the Scrum Framework, and other Agile methods for resourcing and workflow to support the delivery team.
- Work with multiple projects to schedule resource availability.
- The ability to adjust schedule and align resources to fit into a dynamic agile environment.
- Knowledge of multiple methodologies such as Agile, DevOps and Lean a plus
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- General computer knowledge including the MS Office Suite, VPN and collaboration tools
- Strong ability to multi-task, react and think quickly
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to learn new software tools and applications
- 4+ years project/program management experience; 1+ years Dev Ops or technical experience preferred
- Experience with continuous integration & continuous delivery (CI/CD) methodologies, configuration management products, systems engineering and/or software development required
- College degree or equivalent experience
- PMP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in support of other project/program managers
- Must be flexible enough to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel 2-3 times a year
- Great sense of humor
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)