Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Proposal Manager
Are you a seasoned proposal guru interested in making that next big move? We’re seeking a talented Senior Proposal Manager to join a growing proposal shop focused on disaster recovery, sustainability and environment, digital and engagement, cybersecurity, and health and social services. The Senior Proposal Manager will manage all aspects of the development of compelling, high quality, and compliant government proposals. The position requires skills in proposal management and proposal production.
What you’ll be doing…
- Proposal Management. You’ll serve as proposal manager, preparing compliance matrices; maintaining calendars; convening and facilitating kick-off and subsequent proposal meetings; assisting in assembling proposal writing teams; organizing proposal color team reviews; coordinating writers; working with teaming partners, recruiters, and contract and pricing teams; and assembling draft and final proposal documents – often for more than one proposal at once. In addition to collaborating with our technical staff, you’ll work closely with our team of editors, writers, and graphic designers to make sure we submit winning proposals.
- Proposal Production. You’ll help ensure proposals are compliant and look great for production, facilitating the proposal production process for printed and electronic proposal submissions.
What you need to have…
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing government proposals over $1M for a large consulting firm or similar organization
- Significant experience with all aspects of proposal preparation, development, and production
- Experience with state and local as well as federal proposals and processes; experience with FEMA proposals is preferred
- Proven track record of leading the development of successful proposals
- Confidence and experience leading proposal brainstorming sessions and meetings
- Capture experience strongly preferred
- Proposal editing and writing experience (preferred)
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Proficiency in the use of SharePoint (required) and MS Teams (preferred)
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Great, positive attitude, even when under pressure
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; collaborative and productive work style
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as teaming partners
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)