Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Web Game Developer
The Game Developer will be the team’s subject matter expert on developing games for the clients websites.
Scope of the work:
The client is looking to continue the positive momentum it has seen with a new children's website and build on it to not only educate more children and parents, but also to reach educators through strategic outreach. This effort will involve a continued online presence and an enhanced physical presence to connect with audiences and stakeholders in person. In the face of a declining customer base for sales, it is imperative for the client to continue an educational outreach to build lasting relationships with new audiences and to strengthen the bonds with current audiences such as tour attendees and stakeholders like interagency government partners,
recipient organizations, and local and national educators and educational associations.
- Additionally, the position assists with any requests to build information site web pages, while focusing mainly on the creation of 508-compliant educational interactive games for the Office of Corporate Communications.
- Interactive content will operate across multiple platforms, with a responsiveness and mobile accessibility requirement.
- The Game Developer must demonstrate the creative ability to act on strategic guidance and use interactive tools, such as games, multimedia, and social media to inform and educate the American public.
- Will ensure development work is based on public and private industry best practices and will work closely with the Information Technology Department’s quality assurance and testing teams to ensure security and usability is considered, to minimize delays in meeting milestones.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science field (Game Design, Programming, 3D Modeler, Animator, etc.)
- Proven interactive and game development skills, evidenced by published work on a public website
- Minimum three to five years of web development experience
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, comprehensive web functions and standards
- Ability to work on a team or individually as required.
- Experience in planning and delivering solutions used across multiple products and organizational units
- Demonstrated proficiency with DOM, XML, canvas rendering, atlases and sprite sheets, map rendering, event handling, user input, incorporating external libraries, JSON, PHP Framework
- Ability to take initiative, identify and solve problems, and also make recommendations that improve user experience based on metric goals.
- Proficiency with WCMS, WordPress, GIT version control, Adobe Creative suite
- Strong understanding of 508 compliance and its implications on interactive content development
- Proficiency in using web analytic tools to assess efficacy of solutions
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)