Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
To support ICF's continued growth we seek an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who has broad knowledge and skills in various HR areas of expertise with an emphasis on employee relations, performance management, applied knowledge of employment laws (i.e., Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Family Medical Leave Act), and strong client-relationship management. You will collaborate with Corporate HR functions in the development and implementation of employee policies and the delivery of HR programs. As well as help translate business strategies and objectives into goals aligned with ICF’s values, ethics and policies. This position may be based in Fairfax, VA, Washington, DC or Rockville, MD and will require routine travel to other ICF offices in the Metro DC area.
What you will do:
- Partner with the business to establish human resource strategies
- Implement talent and leadership development strategies within the business unit
- Coach employees and managers to resolve sensitive and complex employee relations and management issues
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees to effectively reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
- Collaborate with corporate HR functional areas to leverage expertise, systems, and processes
- Ensure compliance and consistency with HR delivery of programs and practices including adherence to EEO guidelines and other government compliance requirements
- Understand, integrate, and provide counsel to the business on various HR systems; ensure HR systems are effectively utilized with minimal business disruption and provide feedback and continuous improvement for HR systems effectiveness
- Assist and support new and changing Corporate and HR initiatives and programs
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of generalist experience, with demonstrated knowledge of HR practices and disciplines including compensation, performance management, HR policy and program implementation, employee relations, and talent development
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Proven ability to collaborate with remote teams and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze complex situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions in a timely fashion
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for senior management team
- Proficient in all Microsoft Windows applications
What we would like:
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Experience providing HR support to employees outside the U.S.
- Experience using WorkDay
- Experience in a Government Contracting environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)