Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
To support ICF's continued growth we are seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to partner with business leaders. You will play a crucial role in the implementation of ICF’s talent management practices, partnering with key stakeholders in support of business objectives. In your role as a strategic HRBP, you will advise and coach leaders in all elements of talent management, including identifying current and future human capital needs, challenges, and priorities, and leading the execution of the appropriate actions to help the business achieve their objectives. You will also partner with key stakeholders and HR colleagues in the delivery and execution of HR initiatives.
This position will support our Social, Environment, Energy, & Development Solutions (SEEDS) Division. SEEDS offers services to address sustainability and management; justice and community development; family self-sufficiency; and international health.
This position may be based in Fairfax, VA, Washington, DC or Rockville, MD and will require routine travel to other ICF offices in the Metro DC area.
What you will do…
- Serve as the primary HR contact to the business leaders
- Partner with business leaders to drive results, improve organizational effectiveness and performance management, facilitate effective change efforts and ensure employee engagement
- Partner with the business to lead companywide HR initiatives and establish and implement effective human capital strategies
- Help transform business strategies and objectives into individual performance goals; help to cascade those goals through the line organization
- Support people manager development by serving as a coach in support of various HR programs and initiatives
- Work with managers to enable them to develop their employees and advance their careers
- Assess voluntary attrition levels, identify areas of opportunity and potential root causes, craft action plans to address, and lead implementation
- Identify and improve leadership and management practices
- Lead employee relations matters - collaborate with the business and other HR staff as appropriate to develop resolution strategies when specific ER issues arise
- Develop and deliver HR related content in the form of resources, help tools, training, etc to support the evolving needs of the business
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal/regulatory federal and state requirements and ensure fair and consistent daily management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for employees
- Understand, integrate and provide counsel to the business on HR priorities; ensure HR programs are effectively communicated, implemented and utilized with minimal disruption and strong client partnership
- Work closely with HR Leadership and Centers of Expertise to deliver strategic HR priorities across the business and support enterprise wide projects
- Promote ICF's Core Values through HR programs and practices, model personal integrity, drive the importance of ethics and compliance throughout the business, and address related issues in a timely and effective manner
What you will need….
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of generalist experience, with demonstrated knowledge of HR practices and disciplines including compensation, benefits, and performance management with an emphasis on HR policy and program implementation, employee relations, and talent development
- Sound business ethics and judgment, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Proven ability to collaborate with remote teams and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization as required
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze complex situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions in a timely fashion
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment with diverse, geographically dispersed clients
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for senior management team
- Proficient in all Microsoft Windows applications
What we would like…
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP or SCP certification
- Proven HR leadership in a government contracting environment
- Experienced in assessment tools, and comfortable in debriefing assessment profiles at the individual and work group levels.
- Experience in using Workday.
- Experience in providing HR support to employees outside of the US
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)