Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Clean Transportation Researcher
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you passionate about clean energy and transportation issues? Want to contribute to the development and implementation of innovative projects to support these ever-changing fields? Then join ICF’s Transportation Portfolio.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their clean transportation programs and initiatives. The Clean Transportation Researcher will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. He or she will have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to interesting research- and data-based projects, and interact with experts and clients, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills. Junior staff in our consulting practice have the opportunity to advance into management roles.
Washington DC or Boston
What you will be doing . . .
- Performing research, review literature, and conduct interviews/surveys to address challenges from federal, state, local, and utility clients.
- Responding to inquiries related alternative fuels and advanced vehicles, and the associated federal regulatory and voluntary programs.
- Conducting phone and email outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including vehicle fueling/charging infrastructure providers, industry associations, and utilities.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, presentations, and other opportunities.
- Tracking and summarizing federal/state/local and national energy policies and industry issues related to clean transportation.
- Gathering, compiling, analyzing, verifying, entering, and reporting data.
- Fielding and responding to general and technical inquiries from industry contacts, stakeholders, and the general public related to electric vehicles and other clean transportation solutions.
What you need to have . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, business, public policy, or a similar field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and long- and short-term planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and contribute as a team player.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and organizations.
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic with sound business ethics.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Experience working or conducting research related to clean transportation (e.g., alternative fuels, advanced vehicles).
- Experience working with large and/or complex spreadsheets, databases, or basic programming is a plus.
- Experience writing reports, articles, literature reviews, case studies, or other communications materials.
- Some level of French language training.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
Washington, DC (DC02)