Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Home Energy Auditor- Kansas City, MO
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Home Energy Analyst/AuditorKansas City MO
To support our growth, we are seeking an Energy Analyst to assist in the investigation, analysis, installation and documentation of residential energy conservation and utility cost reduction measures. Job responsibilities include field visits to perform site walk-through assessments and product installations as well as collection of detailed information (e.g. utility data, equipment and building data, operational characteristics,), technical research, and assisting with the identification and evaluation of energy efficiency measures, calculation of potential energy savings and audit report preparation.
- Conducting in home energy assessments for a cross section of residential utility customers
- Troubleshooting comfort issues within the home
- Maintaining strong communications with customers in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program
- Installation of energy-efficient products in residences
- Provide information to customers on available incentives and additional resources.
- Providing or referring customers to technical, administrative and marketing assistance
- Preparing summary reports identifying opportunities found during visit
- Perform energy assessments and product installations in a timely and efficient manner
- Contributing to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features and services
- Contributing to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
- Preparing status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on customer participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Coordinating with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate
- Experience promoting energy efficiency in the residential sector
- Experience with one-on-one in-person customer service
- Proficient use of hand tools and home maintenance
- Must have clean and valid driver’s license and pass a background check
- Certified RESNET Field Tech or Rater
- BPI certified Building Analyst
- Experience with home energy audits
- Understanding of building science applications or construction background
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Responsible, independent, self-starter, with strong time management and focus on promptness
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in Missouri and familiarity with programs run by utility companies in Missouri
- Experience with the home improvement market in Missouri (direct experience in production, administration or sales, or experience working with home improvement industry at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization)
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient and renewable technologies
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Kansas City, MO (MO06)