Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Computer Security Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is looking for a computer security specialist to join our team working out of Woodlawn, MD. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Our team develops web software applications for a large government entity that provide comprehensive, paperless management of many physical security business processes. Through regular interaction with the customer, we help streamline these business processes, gather requirements for the applications, and propose technological solutions.
This job provides the opportunity to work in a fast-changing, innovative field while gaining knowledge of leading-edge technologies and the latest federal standards (e.g. HSPD-12, FIPS-201) alongside an amazing development team.
- You will perform web application penetration testing
- You will perform regular patch management, hardware maintenance, and system administration for Linux and Windows systems.
- You will generate daily and monthly security compliance and log analysis reports.
- You will assist in resolving identified security vulnerabilities.
- You will analyze IT specifications to assess security risks.
- You will design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans.
- You will install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs).
- You will secure networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems.
- You will inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access.
- You will monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams.
- You will act on privacy breaches and malware threats.
- You will serve as a security expert and conduct trainings when needed.
- You will draft policies and guidelines.
- You have at least 6 years work experience as a IT security professional.
- You have a BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- You have a CISSP.
- You have experience using open source tools to perform penetration testing.
- You have proven experience as a Computer Security Specialist.
- You have programming/scripting skills (e.g. Python, PHP, and Linux shell scripting).
- You have familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies.
- You have experience with Windows and Linux systems administration.
- You have experience with patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- You are familiar with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS).
- You have excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)