Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Communications Web Design Coordinator
Junior Communications and Web Design Coordinator
Entry Level Role
ICF is seeking a junior communications and web design coordinator to support the award-winning HUD Exchange website. The HUD Exchange centralizes resources for HUD’s grantees, providing trainings, tools, program information, tools, mailing lists, reports, help desks, and much more. View the website at https://www.hudexchange.info.
You will provide support on tasks such as graphic/web design, content development, and product marketing. You will contribute to producing a beautiful and engaging digital platform and delivering fresh, innovative, and user-focused content. You will have an opportunity to provide an exceptional user experience for visitors of the HUD Exchange which include state and local governments, nonprofits, Public Housing Authorities, tribes, and the general public.
This is an entry level position. If you have a background in communications, graphic design, or journalism, we want you to apply! If you also have an interest in public policy, community development, or affordable housing, even better!
- Work with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of HUD subject matter experts, content managers, software developers, graphic designers, user experience experts, data analysts, and more
- Develop knowledge of HUD’s programs to inform design, content, and functionality decisions
- Update website text, images, video, and other media using a content management system
- Produce sketches, visual references, and storyboards to convey ideas
- Draft wireframes, design mock ups, and design briefs
- Develop graphical elements for web pages, listserv messages, guidebooks, trainings, infographics, etc.
- Source stock assets for use in graphics and videos
- Edit photos taken in-house or provided by clients to get them publishing-ready (color correction, light retouching, resizing, “cleaning up” low-resolution photos, etc).
- Understand capabilities of the website, be able to explain capabilities in a non-technical, straightforward manner, and provide strategic advice on content and design
- Draft and edit content for clarity, readability, and effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat)
- Ability to tailor communications for the web and to people with varying levels of technical understanding
- Ability to transform abstract concepts to engaging, effective visuals
- Passion for design and understanding of principles of composition, typography, and color theory
- Understanding of user interface principles and user focused design
- Strong communication skills to effectively present design solutions internally and to our clients
- Excellent copyediting and QA/QC skills
- Creative, self-motivated problem solver who can resolve project roadblocks and troubleshoot issues in a time sensitive environment
- Outstanding customer service including being able to remain cool under pressure and possessing a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Technology savvy individual who is eager to learn about web applications and software, basic coding, and the technical details of website development
- Experience in web development/design
- Experience writing basic HTML
- Experience managing email communications, social media, and multimedia sites (such as YouTube, Flickr)
- Experience making web content 508 compliant and user-friendly
- Experience in usability testing/UI/UX
- Interest in doing good and supporting affordable housing and community development
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)