Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Poverty and Workforce Solutions Consultant IV
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Poverty and Workforce Solutions Consultant On-Call
Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team
Washington, DC Area preferred- home based,
- The Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, and Social policy (HEARS) group works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations-reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States.
- The Team is seeking an on-call (approximately 15-20 hours a week) Masters Level candidate to provide support across the Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team’s array of Federal, State, and Commercial technical assistance, research, and evaluation projects.
- Do you have a strong background in providing technical assistance, research, product development, and program support around the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) programs? We want you to apply!
- Provide project leadership and support to Project Directors around technical assistance, assessments, and research projects
- Lead the development and implementation of technical assistance tasks and activities across our workforce innovations and poverty solutions’ projects.
- Lead development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools either virtually and/or sometimes on-site visits.
- Oversee the development and production of deliverables, analyses and program trends/outcomes reports, and targeted stakeholder publications/products
- Provide virtual demos and technical assistance around content areas and programmatic tools/assessments to requestees.
- Use administrative and programmatic data sets to evaluate program performance and support deeper problem exploration in a social services and workforce development setting.
- Master’s in public policy, political science, social work, or related social services field.
- Candidates that have at least 9 plus years of experience working with Federal and/or State Departments of Social Services in the areas of TANF and SNAP programs.
- Candidates who have worked for at least 9 plus years providing technical assistance, program support, and research assistance to TANF and SNAP programs.
- Strong expertise in the diversity of TANF and SNAP programs at the State, Territory, and/or Tribal Levels.
- Ability to work both independently and on a core team of staff members
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Strong presentation and communication skills
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
DC Remote Office (DC99)