Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Sector Lead – Environment
Energy Sector Lead – Environment
Environment and Planning Division
ICF is looking for a dynamic, strategic, and action-oriented business development leader to join our growing Environment and Planning (E&P) Division with more than 500 staff across the U.S. This position is a member of the division’s leadership team and reports to the E&P Division Leader. Our ideal candidate will be a proven full life-cycle business development professional with a track record of positioning, pursuing and winning large, cross-functional, multi-disciplinary programs with energy clients. This individual must exhibit exceptional leadership qualities including passion and drive, respect, communication, humility, leading by example, and focus on the big picture, and ability to leverage and work with or for others. The individual must also be highly collaborative as they must work closely with our clients and teaming partners as well as senior leadership and staff throughout ICF, including other members of ICF’s business development team and team members in other divisions and operating groups.
We are looking for candidates with at least 15+ years of experience working with energy sector clients with a specific focus on selling consulting services for environmental planning and implementation work. We want you to bring your excellent industry and customer knowledge to open doors, facilitate partnering, and to help craft compelling strategies that drive results. This candidate should have existing relationships with energy sector clients, particularly renewable developers and utilities active in the western US. They should also be able to command a room, lead with credibility, and be able to use analytical, negotiation, and interpersonal and diplomatic skills that lead to productive business relationships.
The Energy Sector Lead is responsible for orchestrating business development, including driving opportunities with existing energy clients and proactively acquiring new clients and partnerships. Working together with business line and operations leaders, the Energy Sector Lead will develop and implement coordinated and integrated key account plans and well as strategies for growing in underserved markets. The Energy Sector Lead will be responsible for driving the energy sector business development strategy including identifying the most promising near term opportunities and positioning ICF for future areas of growth.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Lead business development for the energy sector across the E&P Division working collaboratively with staff across the US.
- Grow the sales pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities in a manner that takes full advantage of the entire company’s capabilities.
- Oversee major capture activities from inception to win by leading senior level engagement with end customers and partners in collaboration with other ICF leaders.
- Be present in the market and a representative senior leader of our firm.
- Use knowledge of the industry to position ICF’s point of view in a meaningful and strategic way.
- Leverage current and emerging technologies and innovation tools and strategies to strengthen our level of engagement with our customers to promote growth and help us right size, optimize, and be ever more efficient and innovative in delivering solutions to our clients.
- Support the development of strategies that improve the quality and depth of market and competitor intelligence to influence and enhance win probability.
- Foster thought leadership, present at professional conferences, and author (or foster the authorship of) articles for publication in journals.
- Actively serve as a mentor to staff to develop business development acumen.
- Represent ICF’s high level of integrity and commitment to company values.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following specific qualifications and experiences:
- Possess a minimum of 15+ years of experience leading capture in the energy sector focused on selling high value consulting solutions and environmental services.
- Be willing to travel to pursuit teams and clients when needed.
- Be comfortable leading by influence in a non-hierarchical environment, where collaboration is crucial to success.
- Demonstrate success in closely with cross-functional teams, senior leaders, and clients to achieve desired results, with a focus on improving the whole, not just the parts.
- Have a bias for action with an orientation toward solving rather than simply identifying problem areas.
- Apply a strong client-focused perspective as a driving force behind business decisions.
- Serve as a critical thinker who gathers and analyzes information from a variety of sources, develops and tests solutions to complex problems and leads by doing rather than delegating.
- Effectively plan and manage toward both short- and long-term goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of energy policy, regulations and market trends.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required, with an advanced Degree preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)