Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery QA/QC and Closeout Lead
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
ICF is hiring a Disaster Recovery QA/QC and Closeout Lead who will be part of a dynamic team responsible for carrying out specialized reviews and the closeout process for all of ICF's areas of responsibility.
- Perform comprehensive reviews of Buyout and Acquisition files for quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC), appeals, anti-fraud, waste and abuse (AFWA) and/or closeout processes.
- Perform second level and in-depth reviews of applicant files, documentation and eligibility determinations to ensure compliance and consistency with program policies, procedures and federal requirements
- Perform duties following a comprehensive document management system, naming conventions, and protocols for handling personally Identifiable Information for housing recovery case files.
- Support Intake and Case Management staff, training on proper handling of documents and requirements for documenting a file through to closeout.
- Enforce standards to ensure eligibility determinations are supported and case documentation meets all program compliance standards.
- Research cases in response to allegations of fraud, waste and/or abuse
- Analyze and evaluate selected project applications, supporting documentation, and federal agency inspection reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma.
- 2-5 years ’ general work experience related to disaster recovery with supervisory experience.
- Intermediate accounting or financial proficiency.
- Excellent understanding of and ability to analyze tax returns, property deeds, insurance, and other program-related documents.
- Exceptional ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to variety of individuals in person and over the phone.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work long hours as necessary.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)