Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Accountant- Revenue Recognition
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, results-oriented Senior Accountant, Revenue Recognition in our Corporate Business Services office. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Controller Team. We are looking for an energetic, team player with a strong background in revenue recognition gained through public and corporate accounting experiences. The Technical Accountant will report to the Director of Revenue Policy & Compliance and will be the Technical Accounting Resource for the organization. ICF is looking for the best and brightest Technical Specialist with a background starting in one of the big four or other top-quality public accounting firms with excellent education and other credentials. This highly visible and impactful role will offer a great challenge for the right candidate.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Technical Specialist will also provide support on due diligence activities related to acquisitions and integration of acquired companies and is expected to quickly get up to speed on the entire revenue cycle process. This position is full-time and based at ICF’s Headquarters office in Fairfax, VA.
ICF is an excellent, fast-paced working environment where you will have an opportunity to work across dynamic teams throughout the company. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing new revenue recognition checklist, tracking revenue recognition impact of modifications and authoring technical revenue recognition conclusion memos. The position also includes ownership of relationships with line finance LOBs (Lines of Business). This is an excellent opportunity to step into an expanding international organization, and have a positive impact within the Accounting department.
- Lead technical research on complex revenue accounting issues. Prepare, maintain and review supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers and spreadsheets for all new and existing projects.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in revenue recognition methodologies. Review and interpret contracts to determine proper revenue recognition accounting treatment.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and develop/refine revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance of quarterly revenue accounting and facilitate year-end financial audit request.
- Serve as a technical expert during contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of problematic contract terms, communicate the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures and advice for how to minimize the deferral of revenue.
- Work with Director of Revenue to implement company-wide revenue accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance with ASC 606.
- Liaison with key business partners on polices, processes and programs, for example, Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, Tax, SEC and Financial Reporting to coordinate, prepare, review, and advise on all aspects of revenue recognition; promote good relationships with Operations, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related degree from an accredited university required
- Active CPA Required
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with accounting and financial reporting, preferably working with government contractors or a global public company; experience requirement may be reduced by a mixture of experience or relevant certifications.
- Experience at a public company in revenue team is required
- Strong and extensive knowledge of ASC 606 is a must
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational and sound problem-solving skill necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability
- Experience dealing with complex revenue arrangements; ability to intercept complex accounting transactions and apply them to appropriate authoritative guidance
- MBA preferred but not required
- Experience in revenue recognition for various contract types (CPxF, T&M, FPLOE and FP)
- 2-3 years pf public accounting experience from a large national firm strongly preferred.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, SAP, Netsuite, Deltek/Costpoint)
- SOX process experience
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in Deltek Costpoint Projects Module a plus
- Strong computer skills (Word and Excel) and ability to prepare professional presentations using PowerPoint.
- Professional demeanor
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and confident public speaker
- Strong organization and advanced analytical skills. Must be a self-starter and problem solver
- Ability to work in an area requiring special attention to detail and regular deadlines
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)