Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mental Health/Psychological Services Sexual Assault/Harassment - Subject Matter Expert
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, and Social (HEARS)
Health, Science, and Human Services (HS2)
Silver Spring, MD
Mental Health / Psychological Services Sexual Assault/Harassment Subject Matter Expert
ICF is seeking a mental/behavioral health subject matter expert (SME) with a clinical or counseling psychology background for a full-time position located in Silver Spring, MD. This position supports ICF’s work with the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE), Clinical Care Branch. This position will focus on a variety of activities related to addressing sexual assault and harassment related initiatives to address the psychological sequelae of sexual trauma for Service members. Example activities may include, but not be limited to: development and maintenance of clinical support tools; evaluation of sexual assault/harassment-related policy; evaluation of treatment / prevention protocols; and performing literature reviews to identify where greater knowledge and understanding are needed.
In addition to clinical experience, we seek a strong mental/behavioral health professional with a research and/or policy background. The successful candidate needs a clinical license in mental health; experience delivering mental health care; familiarity with the unique mental health needs/risks/challenges of military populations; familiarity with emerging military sexual assault/sexual harassment intervention research; and advanced clinical experience delivering clinical interventions in military sexual assault/sexual harassment assessment and management.
- Support government SMEs in responding to task assignments (taskers) related to military sexual assault/sexual harassment
- Assist in developing and maintaining (updating) clinical support tools for military sexual assault/sexual harassment
- Support updates to website pages regarding military sexual assault/sexual harassment
- Support projects that target psychological health interventions for ADSMs subjected to military sexual assault/sexual harassment
- Create/update/revise presentations on military behavioral healthcare that can be delivered both in person and via webinar
- Monitor current research in topics relevant to military mental health as related to sexual assault and harassment to identify where greater knowledge and understanding are needed
- Evaluate sexual assault/harassment-related policy, treatment, and prevention protocols
- Provide logistics support to workgroups related to sexual assault/harassment (e.g., scheduling, facilitating, meeting minutes, communications, etc.)
- Attend/support meetings and workgroups related to military sexual assault/sexual harassment
- Master’s degree or higher in a mental health-related field of practice. Ph.D or Psy.D in Clinical or Counseling Psychology preferred.
- Clinical license in mental health and experience delivering evidence-based psychotherapy.
- 3 or more years of experience delivering clinical interventions in sexual assault, harassment, or trauma.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to clinical practice
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills to create and organize work groups, coordinate across stakeholders, build relationships, work with team members to gain consensus, manage multiple timelines, and complete tasks within the constraints of established timelines.
- Ability to work independently, yet maintain close communication and collaboration with federal leaders who are responsible for executing various mental health programs, initiatives, efforts, activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as evidenced in the writing of policies or procedural instructions for the Department of Defense (DoD) or other Federal agencies.
- Experience in reviewing, drafting, or negotiating sexual assault/harassment-related policies. Knowledge of how existing policies and changes in policies might impact treatment providers and the delivery of psychological services within military medical treatment settings.
- Experience working with military populations DoD or Veterans Affairs (VA) is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Working knowledge of cultures, people, and communication styles across the range of services in the DoD.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)