Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Industry Sector Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking individuals to provide support for commercial and government clients on petroleum and natural gas-related analyses, including fuel supply, energy infrastructure, markets and dependencies on electricity infrastructure. The successful candidate will interface with government, commercial, and industry clients in diverse projects related to the petroleum, natural gas, and biofuel supply chains. Candidates must be highly skilled in effective research techniques, writing reports and performing spreadsheet analyses. The position will be based at ICF’s headquarters in Fairfax, VA with periodic travel to client sites, including the Department of Energy.
What you will do:
- Perform research, compile expert input, and write reports on technical petroleum and natural gas industry topics.
- Prepare written summaries of in-person and web-based stakeholder meetings.
- Perform spreadsheet analyses of extensive data sets as directed by project managers.
- Support the development of ICF deliverables to multiple clients.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2+ years’ work experience
- Strong research, writing, and quantitative analysis skills
- High attention to detail, personal commitment to excellence, and enthusiasm to learn all levels of tasks
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What we would like:
- Demonstrated experience writing reports and preparing spreadsheet analyses
- Knowledge of petroleum and natural gas infrastructure, supply chains and markets.
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with the Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, FERC, or related
- U.S. Citizenship
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with clients and industry
- Commitment to effective flow of information through team members
- Effective organization and prioritization of competing tasks
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and adherence to the highest ethical standards
- Collaboration with others in a fast-paced, diverse environment
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)