Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Programmer/Analyst II- Data Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Programmer/Analyst II- Data Manager
HEARS/HS2/PHIT/Sexual Health Portfolio
ICF seeks a Programmer/Analyst II- Data Manager (40 hours per week, Monday- Friday) to support projects with the CDC Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Atlanta, GA. This position is a full-time and located onsite with the CDC client in the Atlanta area.
Primary responsibilities will be the coordination of data collection, management, and reporting processes for multiple social marketing and communication efforts within DHAP. The goals for research and evaluation are to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and communication activities reaching the intended audience. To help accomplish program goals and objectives, the team member will be required to attend CDC client meetings, as needed.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently to solve problems creatively and adhere to communications protocols and processes established by CDC to work effectively within a team, while contributing to overall project goals across multiple CDC branch-related activities.
- Provide routine analysis and interpretation of data, as well as data entry, coding, and transcription.
- Develop presentation graphics; enter definitions of variables for survey questionnaires, including variable names, range labels, default values, and question strings.
- Assist with setting up spreadsheets, including entering column and row titles, defining cell formats, entering previously defined formulas, and exporting results for use in other software packages.
- Perform scanning operations, including setup, managing, indexing, and bookmarking.
- Provide database development and tracking of information, updating and maintenance of systems for recording and tracking information.
- Manage data modifications for all data within PCB’s metrics databases.
- Manage updates to the database, including, but not limited to, the addition of new fields, domains, and campaigns.
- Coordinate data collection and management activities across PCB’s social marketing and health communication campaigns.
- Develop data collection instruments and protocols, including SOPs; update existing instruments, protocols, and SOPs, as needed.
- Oversee data quality control processes, formulating processes and workflows for data collection, refinement, and management.
- Automate tasks within the data collection, cleaning, review, and management process, as possible (e.g., writing scripts to update or correct mislabeled data as definitions get revised or allocation is attributed to a different domain).
- Ensure consistency of evaluation/measurement across various strategies/tactics employed as part of PCB’s social marketing and health communication campaigns.
- Develop or maintain tracking systems to assist the Team and Branch with data collection and related protocols.
- Generate data retrievals and summary outputs.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to resolve data collection/management issues.
- Support dissemination and reporting of data to stakeholders.
- Participating in regular meetings with CDC DHAP staff and other contractors for planning and coordination per branch priorities.
- Tracking services (for example, technical assistance and training) submissions from grantees, CDC DHAP staff, and other contractors to obtain late and/or missing data using SPSS, SAS, MS Excel, or other statistical software to assist the branch with monitoring grantee performance.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in related field, a Master’s Degree is Preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience of which approximately 2 years must be specialized in the areas of public health promotion and prevention.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in program monitoring and evaluation and with conducting data collection, data management/cleaning, and statistical analyses. Previous experience working with CDC strongly preferred, particularly in HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Strong oral communication skills, and well-developed writing skills are required.
- Must have Intermediate/Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with SPSS, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other database query skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of CDC communication processes and their writing/style guides for consistent and error-free documentation and presentation content and formats.
- Ability to prepare and make engaging PowerPoint presentations and written reports about data analyses and findings.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, SQL, and other database query skills.
- Knowledge and skills in data collection, data analysis, and data cleaning.
- Knowledgeable of evaluation and project management.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)