Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Account Executive (Media Relations)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Account Executive with a specialty in Media Relations in our New York office.
Your principal responsibility is to drive and facilitate strategic media results related to program development across all agency account teams. You deliver on your responsibilities by having a solid understanding of the current media landscape and how to develop pitches that make news and resonate with the media. Additionally, you will have a vast “rolodex” of trusted media contacts you can use not only to secure media contacts, but also use as a sounding board to help shape media strategy. Second, you will assist in counseling and educating account teams on how to develop effective media strategies and pitch core media relevant to their specific business.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will:
- Operate as the day-to-day media relations lead on assigned accounts including developing and executing media relations strategies, consulting on all media relations issues, as well as staffing media tours, events, and trade shows
- Demonstrate strong client communications including developing and participating in media strategy presentations, and general recommendations
- Set and execute media relations strategies including contributing to brainstorms, developing media materials, and being accountable for results
- Show tenacious problem-solving skills and a curiosity for what’s possible from media relations standpoint always thinking of new ways to breakthrough while meeting client’s marketing challenges
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate news and pop culture trends that impact our clients’ business
- Develop project scopes and have a clear understanding of the budgeting and billing process of the agency as well as an aptitude for sound budget management
- Demonstrate accurate, thorough and timely reporting in the form of status reports
- Participate and consult in new business pursuits and presentations
- Execute media relations programs to meet client expectations and have an understanding of measurement approaches
- Research and develop competitive audits and analyses
- Introduce the account and client team to new media contacts
- Be a cultural contributor
- Adapt to ever-changing workload priorities and events
- Help develop and lead media relations education; courses
- Champion great work and ideas that will deliver results
As a Senior Account Executive, you will have:
- A bachelor degree, preferably in journalism, public relations or communications
- 4+ years of experience or relevant work experience at a PR Agency, communications/marketing team or working as a journalist at a media entity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership instincts and the ability to identify and elevate great work from junior team members
- Conflict management skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team and collaborate regularly with team members at all levels
- Ability to oversee and manage third-party partners, from talent to event vendors
- Ability to travel as required
Job Location(s): New York, NY
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)