Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Restoration Specialist On-Call
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
On-Call Restoration Specialist
San Diego, CA
The Southern California Natural Resources Team includes wildlife biologists, botanists, aquatic resource biologists (waters, wetlands, and riparian areas), restoration ecologists, and regulatory specialists. ICF is looking for an On-Call Restoration Specialist with experience in southern California vegetation communities to support a large restoration program. The applicant should have a background in restoration ecology, landscape architecture, botany, or a related field, and have a thorough understanding of soils, hydrology, and other physical and biological processes related to restoring upland, aquatic resource, and riparian habitats. The Restoration Specialist will be working in a team setting, collaborating with botanists, wildlife biologists, soil scientists, geomorphologists, landscape architects, hydrologists, engineers, and planners. The Restoration Specialist will provide technical expertise to support habitat restoration projects including feasibility assessments, conceptual and detailed design, construction oversight, and maintenance and performance monitoring. The ideal candidate will have a passion for restoration ecology, a capacity to learn, try new things, and communicate with team members and clients (verbal and writing) is important.
In addition to supporting the restoration team, the selected candidate will also have the opportunity to work with the larger natural resources group and where appropriate assist with biological monitoring, species surveys, construction monitoring, and other field work that aligns with their skillset and the group’s needs.
- B.S. in restoration ecology, biology, botany, landscape architecture, environmental science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in environmental consulting or related field with a focus on habitat restoration or additional education to offset experience.
- Direct experience with standard restoration and re-vegetation techniques and experience overseeing implementation.
- Comfortable with southern California ecosystems including coastal and inland.
- Ability to identify non-native species and provide guidance on adaptive management and weeding techniques and timing.
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing field data.
- Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills as well as ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Spanish speaking
- Licensed landscape architect, Certified soil scientist, or Certified Arborist, CRAM practitioner, Qualified Applicators License
- 5-10 years of experience in environmental consulting or related field with a focus on habitat restoration
- Experience preparing technical studies and/or conceptual and detailed design plans for habitat restoration projects
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)