Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is growing and we are seeking a Regulatory Economist who will support our multiple regulatory support service contracts in the development of economic analyses. As an Economist, you will collaborate with and lead staff in delivering comprehensive and defensible regulatory analyses, including Regulatory Impact Analyses and Regulatory Flexibility Analyses, to our federal clients
The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge of the rulemaking process and of economic analyses required to support federal government policy decisions. Specifically, the candidate will ideally have an understanding of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, including Executive Orders 12866, 13563, and 13371, the Regulatory Flexibility Act, and the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act (UMRA). The successful candidate also will have the ability to foster and maintain client relationships and mange staff across multiple projects.
- Lead or significantly contribute to projects analyzing costs and economic impacts of policies across a variety of clients
- Lead the day-to-day activities of current projects, including staff, schedule, and financial management and deliverable quality control
- Provide direction to staff regarding execution of technical skills and deliverable development
- Ensure client satisfaction and identify new opportunities
- Implement, monitor, and support company policies
- Master’s degree in Economics
- Minimum of 5 years, 8+ years preferred, of experience in completing economic analysis, preferably for federal government agencies
- Experience managing projects from both a technical and financial perspective
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance from the Department of Homeland Security
- Willingness to locate and work in the Washington DC area
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct and document comprehensive research and analysis
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills; experience manipulating large data sets
- Proficiency in Excel; preferable experience in SAS, R, Python
- Ability to provide technical direction and leadership
- A team-oriented focus; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple business units
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)