Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Health and Development Project Assistant - Rockville, MD
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Health and Development
International Health and Development Project Assistant
ICF’s International Health and Development is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the project director and the operations of its international development projects. On our projects we partner with clients to conceive and implement solutions and services that protect and improve the quality of life in developing countries. This position is located at our Metro-accessible Rockville office. Occasionally, the successful candidate may be required to work from other ICF offices and to visit client sites within the DC-metropolitan area.
The Administrative Assistant should be personable, quality-oriented, timely, and efficient in the accomplishment of tasks, have strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), be able to coordinate the completion of numerous assignments, and be experienced with technology for communication and knowledge management.
- Processing subcontractor paper work and tracking subcontracting process
- Creating and managing SharePoint sites
- Coordinating internal and external meeting and calls, including arranging conference lines, venue booking, setting-up audio-visual equipment, and arranging catering
- Taking and disseminating meeting notes
- Coordinating and processing staff and consultant travel (e.g. itineraries, insurance, visas, billing, approvals) for staff and consultants
- Photocopying and scanning documents
- Ordering supplies
- Managing group telephone and e-mail lists
- Archiving of project documents
- Maintaining staff calendar
- Supporting onboarding for new staff
- Administrative processing for consultants
- Completing other administrative tasks as assigned
- Associate's Degree and 2+ years of work experience
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and prioritization skills
- High level of accuracy and discretion essential
- Successful experience working independently and with a geographically diverse team
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Ability to stay on top of multiple tasks and processes simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree
- Facility with communication technology, e.g.; setting up audio/visual equipment and with technologies that facilitate virtual meetings and communication
- Knowledge and past experience with Sharepoint
- Contracting and invoicing experience
- International experience
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)