Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Title: Energy Engineer
Energy Efficiency Analytics Team
Want to make a difference? Then come work for ICF International (ICF), where we combine passion for our work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results that help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
In the energy market, ICF helps public- and private-sector clients develop comprehensive energy strategies and establish sustainable programs to deliver and maintain energy. To support our growth, we are hiring entry level engineering positions to work in our Energy Efficiency Analytics practice. You will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. At ICF you will have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, and grow your content knowledge and consulting skills. Engineers advance in our practice and develop an area of special competence, with increasing responsibility for project management and client contact in their area of competence.
- Advanced energy saving calculations and economic analyses for residential and commercial sector projects
- Conducting market research on various energy efficiency technologies
- Managing and analyzing large datasets using advanced Excel and Visual Basic functions
- Assisting with developing and implementing energy efficiency program strategies
- Preparing and presenting persuasive presentations
- Co-authoring journal articles, white papers and marketing pieces
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, Building
- Science, Energy Management, or related subject with a minimum in-major GPA of 3.5
- Coursework or professional/internship experience with energy modeling energy saving calculation and/or energy policy analysis
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of building construction methods, mechanical systems and related energy use
- Understanding of economic valuation including NPV and IRR analysis
- Experience with energy modeling tools (e.g., OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, etc.)
- Professional work experience OR internships related to energy efficiency
- Programming skills with experience in a variety of languages
- Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards
- Ensures that information flows effectively to others
- Identifies, collects and analyzes the information needed to solve a problem
- Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts in writing
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for
- the intended audience
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)