Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Aviation Financial Consultant
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Aviation Financial Consultant
New York, NY
ICF’s aviation team provides objective and independent commercial, financial, technical, and regulatory guidance to aviation clients, including airlines, airports, financial institutions, manufacturers, U.S. federal agencies, international governments, VIPs, and heads of state. We help aviation clients manage assets and operations, mitigate risk, and maximize return on investment. Our multidisciplinary teams include former airline and airport executives, maintenance and operations specialists, financial analysts, and other aviation experts offering highly specialized skills in aviation fundamentals. The depth of our experience includes thousands of client engagements and a 50-year track record.
Job Description:As a Senior Aviation Financial Consultant, you will be a key member of a client facing consulting team within the Aviation line of business. You will be primarily responsible for leading tasks, including guidance, training, and oversight of junior staff, as well as managing projects, including day-to-day communication with clients, to deliver solutions to identified client problems using a variety of analytical techniques and interactive client consulting. Your role as project manager will also include administrative responsibilities such as developing budgets and scopes of work, internal project set-up and close-out, budget tracking, and liaising with ICF’s Contracts and Finance teams. You will also be expected to contribute to business development efforts by working on proposals, attending conferences, delivering speeches/presentations, and contributing to ICF’s thought leadership.
- Participate as a member of a consulting team on client-based projects
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data in support of assessments
- Interface with clients to gather data and present results of studies and analyses
- Write reports and presentations to synthesize and explain analyses
- Be very familiar with transportation industry data sources and issues
- Support development of intellectual property development projects
- Support business development efforts, including proposal writing
- Interact with infrastructure and private equity investors and financial advisors to create innovative P3 deal structures
- Graduates of top-tier colleges, with degrees in economics, finance or business.
- 5+ years of work experience in:
- investment banking;
- private equity; or
- corporate strategy / development
- Demonstrated experience interacting with clients;
- Firm understanding of capital markets, particularly fixed income and structured products;
- Experience building operating and financial models, with an expert knowledge of Excel;
- Working knowledge of VBA, Python, and/or R;
- Strong analytical aptitude, and exposure to quantitative model development;
- Familiarity with airline industry data sources, key performance indicators, and models;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Masters from top tier school in business
- Strong interest in aviation industry
- Exposure to airlines, aircraft, engines, and other aviation assets
- Comprehension of finance fundamentals
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
- People management experience, whether direct or cross functional
- Success in, and comfort operating within, a matrixed organization
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)