Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Leader – Integrated Utilities Resources
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Leader – Integrated Utilities Resources
ICF's Energy and Advisory Services Line of Business is growing and seeks a Senior Leader- Integrated Utilities Resources to support our expanding natural gas and power team.
The Team’s primary services include:
- Utility strategic planning and regulatory support
- Natural gas midstream infrastructure analysis
- Asset evaluation and transactions support
- Natural gas and natural gas liquids market analysis
The group supports work in the US, Canada, Mexico and other international markets. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing business development and marketing plans aimed at utility planning and resource management, and will contribute to and help manage the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The incumbent will have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. The successful candidate could be located in Fairfax. VA
Key Managerial Responsibilities:
- Drive new business development with utilities and major natural gas and power businesses, primarily in North America.
- Manage a team of staff supporting complex projects and ensure high quality work products and the effective use of resources across projects.
- Supervise junior staff to design and deliver work to meet the strategic growth objectives of ICF’s Advisory Services team.
- Build awareness of ICF’s capabilities via targeted marketing and outreach strategies to future clients.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Direct the use of engineering and economic principles to assess the economic value of industry assets and policies.
- Direct and review for quality the development of Excel spreadsheet data analysis tools.
- Direct junior staff to develop presentations on technologies and operating/maintenance practices.
- Direct junior staff to draft memos, letters and technical reports.
- Direct research of data sources, such as EIA (Energy Information Agency) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Direct and review for quality the development and update of ICF models and technical analysis tools.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control reviews in accordance with ICF QA/QC procedures and standards.
- 15+ years of experience including 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience with utility resource acquisition management and implementation.
- Demonstrated current network of industry contacts within the Oil and Gas and Utilities Industries.
- Demonstrated success managing teams of staff working on complex projects.
- Strong quantitative and/or modeling skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related subject (Master's degree preferred).
- Natural gas and power utility resource planning and acquisition management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as an internal or external consultant to the business.
- Advanced analytical skills (financial and resource acquisition forecasting, EXCEL and data management organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work under strict deadlines and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)