Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Operations Specialist - New York, NY
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Program Operations Specialist
New York, NY
To support our growth, we are currently seeking a Program Operations Specialist for our Energy Efficiency division to take a significant role in the implementation of programs that will deliver and expand our offerings in the Northeast. The Program Operations Specialist is responsible for managing and completing project tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. An operations specialist may work on multiple projects across a portfolio of programs or clients and interacts with all levels of staff both internally as well as the client.
As the mid-level professional position, employees at ICF apply their academic and past work experience knowledge to a wide variety of projects.
- Key point of contract for program operations activities associated with managing risk, maximizing profitability and meeting all client KPIs
- Analyze data to contribute to program strategy and client deliverables.
- Creates written documents that convey key analytic findings for distribution to internal/external clients.
- Resolves issues effectively with projects/clients.
- Develops timelines and tracks project implementation activity against contract compliance.
- Maintains overall project budgets, track all project expenditures and forecasts revenue in Company systems
- Oversight for execution of subcontracts including budget tracking, contract compliance and required reporting.
- Drafts materials, letter proposals and communications as needed for projects.
- Provides direction to junior staff in document preparation.
- Analyze Program requirements and make recommendations to enhance customer satisfaction and improve Program performance
- Work directly with clients, as well as internal and external experts in their field of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or other major with demonstrated business operations experience.
- 5+ years of work experience with a minimum of 3 years of operations experience:
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with corporate financial reporting systems, project management software programs and data visualization software.
- Exceptional research skills, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills, including experience with presenting concepts to clients (both internal and external).
- Strong outreach, organizational and self-motivation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism.
- Master’s degree areas such as business, information technology, public policy, engineering, economics, social sciences, physical sciences or related disciplines
- Familiarity with financial reporting related to sales forecasting.
- Familiarity with the energy efficiency and clean energy sectors in NYC
- Familiarity of local, state and national energy policies
- Possess a strong interest in energy or resource efficiency and an understanding of utility markets.
- Experience managing projects and driving deliverables from beginning to end
- Experience coordinating and effectively communicating across large interdisciplinary teams
- Economic analysis and familiarity with principals related to Demand Side Management program planning and evaluation
- Ability to manage data across multiple company systems and provide accurate reporting to the project team
- Previous experience managing subcontractor relationships
- Previous experience supervising project based staff to on key deliverables.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)