Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Principal Cyber Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking an ambitious Cyber Engineer to join our team to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Designs, develops, documents, analyzes, tests, integrates, debugs, conducts research and/or discovers and analyzes security flaws or vulnerabilities in software, networks, systems, and application
- Leads or assists in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources
- Assesses system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities
- Provides mitigation strategies for system security flaws or vulnerabilities
- Supports the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and system
- Tests existing and new technologies for security vulnerabilities
- Reviews requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends, which are planned for deployment in the customer space.
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a higher level clearance
- 10 years’ experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- Excellent understanding of cyber security technologies and concepts at both the local and enterprise level
- Significant experience in design and implementation of secure network and system solutions
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Able to lead teams and activities and also work as an individual contributor
- Experience with Incident Response (Forensics, Malware, Penetration/Vulnerability testing) and associated tools and technologies (e.g. IDS, SIEM)
- Experience and knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support
- Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Information Assurance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives
- Experience with four or more of the following: Security COTS integration, Security Incident Event Management, Insider Threat Monitoring, Operating System Hardening, Vulnerability Assessment testing, Identification and Authentication schemes, Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management, Cross Domain Solutions, Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Operations (CNO)Malware Analysis, Reverse Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services such as DNS, FTP, email,
- Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying & Accrediting (DCID, ICD, NIST 800-53, SANS 20) information systems based upon experience on a large-scale development program.
- Knowledge of software development and systems development lifecycle practice
- Practical experience hardening IT systems in compliance with STE/STIG guidelines
- Experience working with teams in an agile development environment
- Experience with DHS
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)