Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Project Mgmt. Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Health, Science, and Human Services (HS2)
Biomedical Informatics (BI)
Biomedical Information Technology Services (BITS)
The HS2 Division is seeking a seasoned Senior Project Mgmt Specialist candidate who is a good people’s person, capable of managing challenges, and foster stakeholder collaboration. The ideal candidate should be an extraordinary individual contributor and at the same time is talented in leading and motivating team members.
The DPM will take an active role in engagement execution and management activities to support several offices within the NIH OCIO, located in Bethesda, MD, to include the IT Acquisition Services Office, the IT Policy and Review Office, and IT Architecture Office. Collectively, the OCIO is responsible for advising the NIH director and leaders within the institutes and centers (IC) at NIH on the strategic direction and management of significant NIH Information and Information Technology programs and policy.
Independent and Collaborative Task Delivery
- Assist leadership in managing NIH Information Technology (IT) resources and investments through interpretation of relevant Federal IT laws, policy, and guidance.
- Provide expertise on matters of IT acquisitions impacting NIH as an enterprise.
- Conduct a variety of IT-related projects, studies, assessments, and analyses about IT usage and needs. Establish metrics and document research findings.
- Identify and apply Industry best practices.
- Serve as a liaison with stakeholders regarding IT needs and requirements.
- Develop and review enterprise-wide IT programs and acquisitions to increase effectiveness by consolidating redundant IT activities throughout the agency.
- Participate in acquisition information management discussions
- Support the procurement process, if required
- Review results of procurement efforts and develop mitigation strategy when necessary
- Advise leadership on IT resource management impacting the agency
- Conduct presentations, briefings, or other communication activities to keep appropriate management informed of the status of project activities and issues
- Maintain support documentation (such as status reports, change requests, incident reports).
- Perform activities related to workforce development, certification and training requirements.
- Build relationships and be a great advocate to the clients.
- Ensure successful client management in regards to overall delivery of projects.
- Communicate regularly with clients about team progress toward goal achievement, critical factors, and obstacles.
Program Management and Employee Engagement
- Work with the Program Manager (PM) to ensure on-time contract deliverables and outstanding project performance.
- Assist the PM in coaching and mentoring project team on operational priorities.
- Assist the PM with day-to-day program and staff management.
- Maintain all relevant project documentations, including create and maintain project management plans with work breakdown structure, staff resource allocations, timelines, and risks.
- Act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration; manage conflict and use sound judgment in resolution/problem solving when necessary.
- Continuously assess and make effective recommendations to address any barriers or obstacles to achieving project goals.
- Foster a positive, encouraging work environment to motivate employees to give their best each day and commit to client’s organizational goals and performance.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with the application of PMBOK, ITIL and IEEE 1022 standards to the supervision of IV&V management oversight services
- Knowledge of the HHS agency and NIH OpDiv
- PMP certification
- ITIL certification
- ISO 9000 certification
- Solid Skills with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Above average experience with SharePoint (as a power user)
- Lead by Example - possess positive attitudes and behaviors to cultivate a constructive and collaborative team culture.
- Customer Service - ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships with a diverse customer base.
- Individual Contributor - proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- People Skill - excellent interpersonal skills and experience in client management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals.
- Leadership - ability to manage teams, conflicting priorities, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and shift priorities as directed.
- Impeccable communication skills (oral and written) – ability of expresses information to individuals or groups clearly and effectively.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)