Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Commercial Food Service Industry Sustainability Expert
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Want to apply your passion, expertise and experience to help individuals and leading organizations save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints? You can at ICF. We solve today’s most challenging issues facing the energy industry, business and consumers.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients promote energy efficiency programs and communicate their energy and sustainability successes. Successful candidates will have knowledge of commercial food service technologies and the industry, conduct stakeholder outreach to facilitate industry engagement, support equipment specification development, develop outreach materials through written and digital media, and assure efficient promotion of government public private partnerships. They will contribute to the implementation of high–profile partnership programs to drive energy efficiency in the commercial food service and related industries.
What you will be doing....
- Supporting federal and state energy efficiency program initiatives to promote energy efficiency in the commercial food service sector.
- Conducting outreach to industry stakeholders including equipment manufacturers, utilities, industry associations, designers, distributors, and end users/purchasers (e.g., restaurants and commercial kitchens).
- Developing creative proposals for increasing market penetration, recruiting new partners, and fostering existing industry relationships.
- Serving as an expert on commercial food service products, market, distribution and customer behavior.
- Preparing and reviewing communication materials such as fact sheets and case studies.
- Attending and presenting at tradeshows and conferences.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key industry organizations, including leading restaurant operations.
What you need to have....
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, environmental policy, sustainability or related fields
- 6+ years’ experience, preferably within the commercial food service industry
- Knowledge of food service equipment technologies
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills (writing samples required)
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Solid personal computer skills in Microsoft applications
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
- Existing relationships with the major commercial food service industry stakeholders
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of utility or other voluntary public-private partnership programs
- Business development/proposal writing experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)